1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CNN Article on "Best Cars with Great Mileage"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by XLR8, Apr 21, 2006.

1. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

CNN Article

I provided some feedback as well.

"Hello,

I find your “opinion†on hybrids to be too “general†and even too “stereotypicalâ€.

Take the Prius for instance, did you really, I mean really research this?

Do you know about the $3,150.00 federal tax CREDIT given for this particular car under the new energy bill? Yes, it’s true. There are formulas for different types of hybrids and if you look it up, the Prius comes out in the top two! If its base comes in at $21,725.00 and you subtract that you get $18,575.00. Did you know that the Prius has very near the inside space as the Camry? Do you know what kind of options, standard or not, come with the car?

And, did you take into consideration that some folks drive enough to justify any added hybrid premium (not to mention the $3,150.00 tax CREDIT). Some may not and it may not be for them but you SHOULD mention this in the article to be a bit more objective.

For me, with the tax credit, miles driven each year and many other things, the Prius came out on top over the Camry for not only the gas savings but also price wise.

It just seems to me that you could be more objective in this article rather than just saying;

“None of the top cars are hybrids. That's because, with their added cost, hybrids aren't really a good value from a purely economic standpoint. But we've provided a hybrid choice in some categories for those who are willing to pay more to burn less fuelâ€.

You just didn’t consider everybody and ALL OF THE FACTS and that should be noted in my opinion if you truly wanted to be objective on this issue. Maybe you did not want to be truly objective in this article.

Finally, most of those who would benefit financially from a hybrid will be smart enough to do their own research instead of relying on your article to guide them anyway.

I thought you should know…

Thanks for asking for feedback,

Aaron