1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CNN tries to fabricate story about Toyota SUA

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by spwolf, Mar 2, 2012.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think not. All I've asked directly is whether Toyota's Black Box had the ability to prove whether the Accelerator Pedal was actually physically pressed.

I don't think seeking that answer, is asking for the impossible, nor do I think it has anything to do with D.N.A. or rape victims.

2. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota data recorders reveal no new causes of sudden acceleration - Los Angeles Times

3. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

how do you know someone didnt put DNA evidence inside the victim?

how do you know 100% that you are you and this is not just a dream?

Best engineers in the country analyzed toyota electronics, and best engineers designed black boxes, no faults are found... now you are asking how do you know for sure sure sure?

You know that by testing. Like what Toyota did here. Just like other electronics, black boxes are tested to show that they function as they should, otherwise they would not be black boxes. Apparently Toyota uses Bosch black boxes...

Just like in this test that Toyota did, if you faked pedal signal somehow, it would show as an error in black box (just like Toyota ACC showed error in the dash when they intentionally broke then ACC system)

4. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

if you are asking about pedal press, it is one of the columns in the black box data... and yes, pedal was pressed when car accelerated, and pedal was then not pressed, engine rpm went down and then brake was pressed. Just like when someone presses gas and then brake.

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Oh brother. OK, I sense a market niche!!

Tin hats for sale! Tin hats for sale!

6. shrktank

shrktank New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I found it very interesting how when the gas pedal issue arose last year, how a major Congressional Investigation was created, heads of Toyota had to come to congress. Also if I recall some elected officials were telling the public "not to buy Toyota". Of course report comes out after it all and Toyota not at fault.

Then the Volt has reports that they are catching in fire when they are parked. No major news stories really carried it, but some how within days the Volt is declared "safe" by our government.

Our government seems to be tied into the Volt which really needs a "fire" sale to compete.

I will always buy Toyota or Ford to the end of my life