1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Codes: P1636, P3106, P3002, P3006. It's a 2002 Prius

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by JohnStewart2399, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JohnStewart2399

JohnStewart2399 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife's Prius now has the check engine light, the orange triangle, and the car with the exclamation point lit up. It only has 96,000 miles and hasn't been in a wreck that we know of. I've read that it has to do with the HV ECU, but I don't know much more about it. Is there any chance it's just a loose cable or something simple? It doesn't seem like her car should already be having so many extensive problems all at once. We haven't had any in the past, except the car with the exclamation point came on for a few days and then went away on its own.

Any help would be appreciated! We're planning on taking it in to a mechanic tomorrow morning unless we can figure something out. Thanks!

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    moved to the Gen 1 forum from the Prius v forums as long as you are talking about the 2002 in your profile.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The simple problem is that the Prius needs a new traction battery. Take the car to a mechanic who actually has been trained on Toyota hybrids, or else you'll be wasting your time.