1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coin changer holder??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by gregftlaud, Nov 8, 2010.

1. gregftlaud

gregftlaud New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just purchased a 2010 Toyota Prius. Love it. One thing I found odd was the lack of a change (coin) holder down below the steerling wheel near the door side. Instead they have the holder inside the armrest and boy if u put change in there it makes ALOT of noise rattling around so i just dont keep change in the car anymore. I've never had a car in my life without a change holder underneath and to the left of the steering wheel. Just seemed odd for me.

2. Blizzard10

Blizzard10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    search is your friend

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's there, you have to get on your hands and knees to find it.:)

4. mstrkoffee

mstrkoffee New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oooh fellow Floridian! Go into pepboys and get the cup style change holder - put it in the center console cup holder- works well holds a lot of coins - when you have a second drink in the car you can just toss the coin holder in the console or underneath tray.
    looks exactly like this one http://www.sunsit.com/buy-cheap-winplus-ac02000606-coin-holder-low-price/

5. MariaEvri

MariaEvri Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just use the cup hlder :p

6. gasmiser1

gasmiser1 EV Wantabee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I use an old pill bottle for my change and toss it into the glove box. Out of sight-out of mind.

In SF, the thieves break into cars where coins are visible.

7. gregftlaud

gregftlaud New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok i'm a bit confused with a couple responses here......"search is your friend"....and "get down on your knees and look for it" ....i'm guessing those posters are just being facetious since every one else said to use something else or go buy one or is there actually a coin holder in there that is just hard to find?? hmmm ;)

8. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is no coin-holder per se. There are aftermarket products that stow coins in the cupholder(s) you can get. There is a small tray towards the rear of the center console you can set coins in, but they may rattle around. I plan to make a custom one like I had in my Cadillac that is vertical slots you can drop the different size coins into. It will be located in the center console on the inner wall towards the driver. Cadillac's simple concept made coins easy to reach and because they stacked vertically in a slot, there was no rattling. Good luck.

9. Blizzard10

Blizzard10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I didnt mean search in the car.

10. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here's an older thread on this same topic (might have been the meaning of Search Friend comment): Coin Holder

I kept the Coin Holder from my pick-up and but some velcro on the bottom of it so it didn't slide around. Works well...

[​IMG]

11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry, all my change is on the floor and under the seat. they're my coinholder. you don't want to be behind me at a tollbooth.:D

12. itssunnyv

itssunnyv New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm currently using the metal case that FOSSIL watches come in. It's in my top glove compartment and it works great. The case itself is lined, so the coins don't make too much noise. I haven't had any problems with it slipping around.