1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cold engine hesitation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Abe, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Abe

Abe Junior Member

My '04 just hit 10,000 miles last night, and I'm loving this car every bit as much as the day it first arrived.

Not a lick of trouble in nearly two years.

But I am wondering about a slight engine/transmission hesitation I've noticed over time:

When I first start up the car in the morning, and pull out of the parking space, there is some hesitation as I begin to steadily accelerate... when I'm at about 20mph I really feel it. Then, as I get to about 25, VROOOM!! We're off to the races! Something kicks in, and everything's fine after that.

This only happens when the engine's cold... like after it's been parked all night.

Is this normal? Anybody else noticing this?

Thanks

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is about the same for me. I have never considered it a problem, just part of the experience. I basically don't notice it anymore. I'm fairly certain its cause is part of the cold engine warm up sequence.