1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Combination Meter - Out of Warranty Repairs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dragonrand, Sep 4, 2014.

1. dragonrand

dragonrand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've tried to get the attention of pEEF via a public post, but have gotten no response. I also tried to start a conversation with him, but am told I cannot message him (not sure why). So I'm going to post here my message to pEEF in the hopes that he'll see it, or that someone who's interacting with him can pass along the message.

Forum members: if you are also interested in out-of-warranty CM repair, please add your voice to this thread so we can assess the demand and hopefully get pEEF's attention.

pEEF,

Hello!

I posted a public message to you in May to an existing CM thread you may or may not have seen. I'm part of a growing group of people needing CM repair who are not covered under warranty. (In fact I missed the deadline by only 5 weeks, but my appeals to corporate were firmly dead-ended.)

Don't worry - I'm not writing to ask you for repair. Quite the opposite - I'm hoping that if you no longer have an interest in performing these repairs, you'd be willing to pass the torch to someone who does. My brother is a qualified electronics guru and has an interest in repairing the CMs for those who need it but cannot get warranty replacement. I've seen a number of other recent posts from people seeking a solution to this, including a few who've chimed in after my last post to say they're also interested in this.

If you actually do still offer this service, I'd love to be a customer. If you don't, would you consider sharing the details about the failure with a fellow qualified technician to take your place?

Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i've heard he's around on mynissanleaf.