1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Compact powered subwoofer question

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by nickozor, Jan 1, 2014.

1. nickozor

nickozor New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Alright Iv'e done some research on here and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I drive a 2012 Prius C 3. It is a company car so I don't want to replace the headunit/speakers. I would like to install the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD.

Where would I connect the input cables from the sub? From a speaker? or at the headunit? Or is it not even possible to do this install?

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    you can actually do both. get the input for the sub from the headunit or the speakers. to get it from the speakers, it is slightly harder because you have to take of the door panel and then run the cables from the door loom into the car. but the easy way is to run the input from the headunit. you have access to all the speakers.

3. HotDogWater

HotDogWater Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Are you installing it under the passenger seat? I'm curious if there's enough room under there.

4. scrull

scrull Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I installed this powered sub in my Prius C One and it fit easily under the passenger seat. Instead of using the 2 RCA cables that you'd typically connect to an aftermarket headunit, the unit comes with connectors that you connect in-line to each speaker. Frankly, it requires more effort that connecting to a headunit, but it can definitely be done. This unit comes with everything you need though:

HotDogWater likes this.
  5. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had one under my passenger seat also.

HotDogWater likes this.
  6. hackenfort

hackenfort Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I put the bazooka powered tube in from a scion. Nice thing it plugged into the wiring and added enough bass to sound decent. Found it on eBay a couple of years back new in the box for about $110