1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Comparison chart of toyota hybrids created

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DanCar, Feb 12, 2006.

1. DanCar

DanCar New Member

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    how does the hylander require premium unleaded? i don't get it. our 400h doesn't.

3. DanCar

DanCar New Member

I hope it is a mistake and can be deleted. It doesn't sound true.
    I got it from the Toyota web site. http://www.toyota.com/highlander/specs_hybrid.html
    If you click on the [1] for
    Performance (2WD/4WD-i)
    0-60 mph
    it says the following:
    Ratings achieved using the required premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 or higher. If premium fuel is not used, performance will decrease.

4. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so they put 91 in to test the 0-60... oh.. that explains.. but that's just a 0-60 test. From what i've heard, toyota systems don't really make a difference with normal or high octane fuel on gas mileage.. so you're probably waisting money for a .2 second gain or something small like that.. might as well hit the gas with the brake pressed at the light to get a full green battery and rocket off start.. it will do about the same thing.. and probably waist about the same amount of money too.

btw.. doing this (gas+break=charge at light) you can pull a 0-60 in about 6 seconds with the 400h...

5. lowspeed

lowspeed Member

Drag coefficient is missing ...

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, with the MZ series engines, there is a difference between premium and regular fuel because of the overly sensitive knock sensors. The 3.3 litre had 230hp under old SAE, 210 under new. Some of it is from premium fuel, other from the new testing. The ES330 tested with premium netted 217hp or a 7hp gain. Don't know the torque figures.

7. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    .. why did you mention an ES series... we are talkin hybrids here.. confused.. i know fuel makes a huge difference on normal engines. That's hwy i used to put 100 octane in my lincoln.. because the High Output 5.0L Mustang engine used to put out a lot more HP with 100 octane isntead of 87.. would bring my 0-60 down to about low 6 seconds.

8. 925PriusGuy

925PriusGuy Winter Gray & Blizzard Pearl Pri

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for creating the comparison chart it's a nice start...just one thing that I noticed, the Highlander photo is of a non-Hybrid Highlander. The things that caught my eye were the standard front grill, placement of the 12v battery and of course the lack of an electric motor. :)

9. DanCar

DanCar New Member

Ouch, I hate when that happens. :eek: If someone could upload a highlander hybrid picture to: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page I will add it to that web page.

Thanks for catching that embarassing mistake.
    Daniel

10. Leakman

Leakman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just got a 2006 Highlander Hybrid yesterday.... takes 87 octane regular. been away from this forum for quite a while as I di not end up with a Prius, but now with the Highlander I have returned. Do we have a highlander section??

11. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    DH puts regular octane in his Highlander Hybrid.