1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Congratulations Bob Wilson!! you have won

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Feb 28, 2012.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    have to concur. fisheye lens have a lot of drawsback but field of view is definitely not one of them.

as far as vision, a bad view is better than no view at all

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As you obviously haven't been in the drivers seat of what you're describing as ineffective rear visual contact, I'd suggest you put up or shut up...
    The prius has poor rear visibility in bright sunlight, worse in the dark, "when in reverse", an eye in the sky is invaluable. Prii specific, the gen 3 picture is like the cat's meow compared to the gen 2, jmho
    Disclaimer, nav in both

3. PlasticHead

PlasticHead Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've had my Prius for a week and a half and I've shown off the backup camera to people because I've never had one and I figure it's a cool techie feature. I live in a family neighborhood, I have for 14 years, I ALWAYS back out of my driveway very slow, it is the only option, I have kids, my friends have kids, there's no way I'm taking a chance. I was backing up the other day and I glanced at the camera screen and there goes my kid running behind my car, I wouldn't have hit him, he's big and was out of the way quick but that view of him flashing through the camera really brought home what I could see in that camera, I wouldn't have known he did that otherwise. Now I know whats immediately behind the car when I'm backing up.

I don't know if they should be required, you can't legislate common sense and you can't make people use the safety equipment they have, but I'm glad I have it.

Bill