1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Connecting iPhone for music without losing calling capabilities?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by justslappy, Oct 6, 2009.

1. justslappy

justslappy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Curious if anyone has a solution to this problem: When I use the Prius' auxiliary USB port to connect my iPhone (so that I can listen to streaming radio thru the car's stereo), I lose the ability to send or receive phone calls (seems like I can only use Bluetooth for phone or audio). I can only restore those calling capabilities by turning off the streaming radio and then going back into the set-up mode and restoring the phone's bluetooth.

Any way to continue to be able to send and receive calls while listening to streaming radio?

Thanks,

slappy

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Slappy,

I see that you have a Prius III. Could you please confirm that you have factory bluetooth? Or did you get Bluetooth installed aftermarket?

While I do not have a USB in my car (2010 Prius V nav), I am able to use the phone via bt, then as I hang up, the BT streaming resumes, and I can hear my iPhone streaming BT to the speakers.

If yours is not doing this, I wonder if the type of BT connection is the cause of this? Or does the USB somehow disable the bt session?

3. justslappy

justslappy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I do have factory-installed BT. Am curious how you programmed your phone and your audio. When I program the second of the two, I end up disabling the first. thanks

4. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Do you have both the audio and phone BT (as setup in the iphone) using the same name and password? I changed mine to match, and then connected the phone. once the phone is connected, you can hit the aux switch on the nav, and it should start right up. if not, from that screen, you can hit the 'connect music payer' (or whatever the exact message is), and you should be good to go.

5. dlevy

dlevy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm having similar problems streaming audio over BT from my iphone. I have a 2010 Prius with Nav system and I have no problem using the iphone phone over bluetooth but am unable to establish a connection for streaming from my iphone's music player ( ipod).
    I've gone into the audio setup on the nav and attempted to register, then back to my iphone settings / bluetooth control .. entered the passcode ( same passcode for phone as audio).. long story short, it always fails to connect ( leaving my BT tab disabled in the nav audio screen.

Any help? I have the latest iphone software installed on my 2G iphone.

Thanks

6. fabravo

fabravo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have sort of a similar problem I'm hoping to solve. My Prius II has the Blu Logic Bluetooth installed as well as the AUX jack to use with my 3G iPhone. When the Bluetooth is active, every time my phone makes a noise, it cuts out my radio, which isn't a huge deal because that makes sense.

What I would like to do, however, is use the Bluetooth for phone calls and the AUX for everything else. Does anyone know how to set that up?

\frank