1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Considering a used 2010 Prius Four

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ron007, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ron007

ron007 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all, I am new in the forum.

I would like to know if you guys think this is a good deal is a 2010 Prius IV with solar roof package, remote engine start package, navigation, leather seats, and all the stuff that is included in the IV trim. The car has 28K miles. I test drove the car and it is in great condition both interior and exterior. Obviously is an 2010 so it has minimal scratches. The price is $24,450 plus taxes and a $149 dealer fee. Is a CarMax dealer, so that is their final price "no haggle price". What do you guys think? Thanks for your responses.

2. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    IMO, its too high. I think you can get a 2012 Prius 2 for that price, if not cheaper. I dont know how far off the Prius 4 is from the 2 in price differential since I bought a 3, but if I were to have the choice again, I would still buy a new with less than 10 miles compared to a used for just a few thousand less. Not only that, but you would have a full factory warranty compared to a one year warranty from Carmax. Also, I've never liked any of those dealerships that say they have a "no haggle price". I think there should almost always be room for haggle. And as others have said on here, look at the KBB, and truecar.com. I personally got my car under invoice by getting the USAA price (you can also do this if you have a Costco membership). I think I could have squeezed some more out (which I regret not doing), but overall I was pretty satisfied.

3. Seminole95

Seminole95 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently purchased a used 2011 Prius III and looked at a couple of "no haggle" dealers. "No haggle" dealers like CarMax and CarSense have some of the highest prices around. A quick search on cars.com should show better prices from "regular" car dealers. Keep in mind most of these prices can be negotiated quite a bit.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Edmunds TMV Retail as you've spec'd in "clean" condition is $23,771. I'd confirm whether it truly has remote engine start or just the Remote A/C feature that came w/ the solar roof package as that does alter the final price a bit (they're two different features). A Certified Used would be $25,380, and CarMax certainly doesn't count for that.

See if you can find a better deal elsewhere. For that kind of money, I'd seek out a dealer Certified Pre-Owned option.

5. Jared

Jared Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Price is about right. I got the same Prius IV with solar roof in 2010 for $30k. I have over 60k miles on it now.