1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Costco pricing and College rebate

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BlackSandPearlPrius, Oct 10, 2012.

1. BlackSandPearlPrius

BlackSandPearlPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just purchased a new Prius C 3 last Saturday in Tacoma Washington. I was excited to find out the dealership was part of the Costco program. Through the Costco program I was able to get it for 350.00 over dealer invoice. (they have to show it to you as its a requirement from Costco) I also received a 1000.00 rebate from Toyota for recently graduating college. The rebate is new and statewide here...not sure if it's nationwide..Anyway I am excited to be a first time Prius owner and new member of this forum..I read quite a few posts on here before I made my purchase. Thank you to everyone who posts information as it all was very helpful. Hopefully the Costco member pricing and college rebate helps someone else. TTYL. BTW the black sand pearl looks killer in the sunlight...just saying.

KrebsCycle likes this.
  2. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    LUCKY YOU!! I checked into the Costco program (I'm just North of you in the Seattle area) and I'm pretty sure I searched for at least a 50 miles radius - there were no participating dealerships at that time :( That was about 3 months ago.

You better look at that finish in the sunlight today and tomorrow - our wonderful sunny streak of weather is ending :)!

3. norahs

norahs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    congrats and welcome!! I love my C3

can I ask how much dealer invoice was?

4. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    In SoCal, we tried the Costco program, but it specifically excludes the C and the Plug-in.

On the regular Prius, the price was actually the same as another dealer's internet price (via email).

I don't see what the big deal is if anyone can get similar pricing by sending a couple of emails.

5. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    You'll probably want to check with your local Costco dealer. I'm in SoCal and my local Costco dealer was not excluding the C.

6. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    That's what I thought I did. Went online... filled out a form at costcoauto.com, then Glendale Toyota got in touch with me. We went in. I had to show them my Costco membership card, then they showed me the invoice pricing on the regular Prius and the salesperson showed me a list with the Costco prices (this was after we already got the C for the wife and wanted to get another hybrid after I got new-car-itus). On that Costco list, it specifically excluded a few models including the C and the Plug-in.

This was back in early-mid August. Things could be different now?

7. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Try a different Costco dealer. I used Frank Toyota in National City.

8. BlackSandPearlPrius

BlackSandPearlPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    @ Norahs...the invoice was 21,105....We also did the online form for the Costco program and it gave us the Titus Will dealership in Tacoma. They called me the next day and I verified the pricing including the college rebate before I went in. I had to show them my Costco card and college diploma. I also talked to Toyota of Puyallup(closer to home) about making a deal on the same model a week earlier but they said they didn't have any rebates. They also said they were not part of the Costco program..funny thing because an hour after I walked out of the dealership they called me back saying they could do 1K off for college grads..lol..I am very satisfied with the dealership I bought from and the Costco pricing makes it a no haggle deal so I was at the dealership for maybe an hour to sign paperwork and get the keys. The only thing that one would haggle with would be any extras like extended warranty and such. Plus Costco mails you a prepaid $50 debit card for using the service...I'll probably spend it on new liscence plate frames or something

9. Wildfire

Wildfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Good deal! Looks like you ended up paying a few hundred less than we did for our C2, but then again, I don't think the $1K rebate would have been worth it for me to head back to school in order to qualify.. ;)
    Hope you enjoy the car! It's been our first Prius as well and I've got to admit that we've been consistently floored in terms of how good of fuel economy can be had thanks to EV mode and traffic-jammed city streets.

10. winnertakesteve

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    I think the Toyota college rebate is for 5 years, and as is my luck, I missed that cutoff by two months. That said, my uni degree helped me get the job which helped me get the car, so I'm not complaining. I also was able to get a discount in insurance through my school's alumni program, so I guess I got plenty of indirect education discounts on the car :)

11. Aaron385

Aaron385 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    FYI.. I did the recent grad rebate with costco pricing at Heartland Toyota in Bremerton for my C3, for any of you Seattle types willing to take a short ferry ride :)

Prius C3 w/ All weather floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, and bumper scuff guard.
    Purchase date: 9/16/12

MSRP was $22,430 plus accessories
    Used Costo buyer program to get $642.63 off MSRP (no hassle)
    Used Recent Grad Rebate to get another $1000 off that.
    Accessories added $247.36 (w/Costco discount)

Sub Total: $21,035

+Tax: $1580.93
    +Doc Fee: $150
    +License Fee: $150

OTD: $22915.93
    [A trade-in was factored out of above #s for simplicity, I think it would only change the tax]

12. KrebsCycle

KrebsCycle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi! I am in Seattle and at the Lake City Toyota dealership, I also got $1K off using the College Grad Rebate and purchased the car (new) on Oct 13th.

Here is what it entailed:
    Proof of graduation: I just printed off a copy of my degree from the University of Washington degree verification website
    Proof of Income: I dropped off a copy of my pay stub at the dealership

I brought in the Costco buyer program sheet and member card, but the Prius C was not a part of the program at the Lake City dealership. I think the $1K discount was good for up to 2 years, I graduated in 2011.

13. andrewa

andrewa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    WHAT?!?!? You got the $1,000 rebate?! The Car Dealership, was fighting tooth and nail to refuse to give me the $1,000 rebate.

14. Aaron385

Aaron385 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yep, on top of the Costo buyer program discount. Just needed to drop off a copy of the degree and proof of employment (pay check stub).