1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CPO Warranty Almost Up. Any need for last checkup?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mide, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Mide

Mide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I purchased my 2010 CPO Prius IV last Feb and the warranty is almost up. I currently have no problems or issues with the car so I don't think it's necessary but what is everyone else' opinion on it?

My experiences with dealers is that there has to be something blatantly not working in order for them to cover it under warranty. If there is any middleground in a "problem" they will bypass it, so usually I avoid going. For example when I first got the car, I noticed some rattling coming from the passenger side wheel well. Turns out that the bottom plastic was missing many screws and plastic fasteners. They would not cover any of that under warranty so I had to buy all the screws and fix it myself. Next the plastic "oil change flap" that is part of the large plastic underbelly piece ripped off because the plastic at the hinge area was ill designed. There was even a TSB about the plastic piece but they ignored it and said it wasn't related.

I have done a Transmission drain/flush, 3 oil changes, and changed the tires to winter ones and have noticed no leaks or problems. In the back of my head I wonder if there are any software updates or anything special that they can check with regards to the battery. But again I don't want to waste my time and if all they'll do is a visual inspection and call it a day.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You can go to [email protected], pay $15 for a 2 day subscription and check for any TSB's for your car. You can also go to ToyotaOwners.com, create an account, enter your VIN and check to see if these have been done. If there are any not completed you can take the list to the dealer. You need to read the TSB's because some require a problem to be present before they will perform.

3. Mide

Mide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Didn't check the TSBs but did look at the service. Looks like the last owner only took it in for some ECU reprogramming with ABS, 2 oil changes, and then the service that I had done for the plastic bits.

4. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If it's a early 2010 there was a recall for the brake accumulator.I would have the dealer check to see if your's was recalled.