1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Creases in 2012 PRIUS Three Leather Seats

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rogerteel40, Jan 8, 2013.

1. rogerteel40

rogerteel40 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Has anyone seen or had creases in the new leather seats. I reported this to the dealership. This is from the drivers seats and I have several in the rear seat. The car is 2 months old.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't have leather, but i like the look of creased leather seats. altho, yours look a bit more wrinkled than creased.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The leather on my 2010 (w/ 38K miles) has no creases, so I'd say that's not normal--especially for such a new car.

4. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Prius Three comes with cloth seats. You need a Four or Five to get leather. If you have a Three and have leather then it was dealer installed. May be wrong but feel pretty strong on this opinion.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That doesn't look right. If you have a Three with leather then I would find out which brand you have because it shouldn't be Toyota Softex. It is likely a Katzkin kit. Either way that doesn't look normal to me but I only have cheap Clazzio covers to compare.

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I agree. I don't know who installed your "leather" (doesn't look like leather to me) but I don't think they did a good job.

7. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I used my Dealers local vendor to install the perforated leather prior to delivery and came with a 3 year warranty. They used the same kit as regional. Later had it replaced with "solid" as I had similar problems, and worse. If yours was installed at regional or through the local hack-shack, the dealer should take care of you. By the way, the solid non-perforated leather is much more resistant to wear and spills, and subjectively speaking, I think it looks much better. Picture below shows fibers pulling through the perforated lather from vacuum after just 3 months. Was replaced shortly after this.

Attached Files:

8. Miata Racer

Miata Racer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That sure looks like the standard "cloth" in a 2012 Prius?? It's fairly smooth in texture so could - maybe - be confused for leather...

But a note on Katzkin and most other aftermarket leather interiors: they are normally BETTER quality than factory leather. At work we have a 2001 Mazda MPV van that the dealer added leather to when new, and all these years and 100k miles later, and not garaged the past few years, and the leather is pretty much like new still. I bet it's never been conditioned, either, which is something I do religiously with my personal vehicles.