1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise on C One base

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Ecobill, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Ecobill

Ecobill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    What do I need and will it work. At this point just considering OEM parts.

2. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Read and study this:

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-1836_Form5350.pdf

Then, just get the OEM stalk, wiring and connectors to hook it up.

I've seen the Rostra kits for less than $150 shipped from ebay. Doesn't look bad, since all wiring and connectors are included.

3. Ecobill

Ecobill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks, I can get the OEM stalk with a wire for $57., this would be for the 2014 Prius C One base. It just seems too simple and that I would be missing something.

4. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The key is that you will need to wire up connections to the ecu. The connectors required are probably hard to get. Looks like an easy mod though... just a little bit of homework getting the connectors and pins for the connectors.

5. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A few people on here have done it already…. When I can afford it I'm going to add it to mine…. Already added mud guards and center armrest. So half way to a C2 lol (y)

6. Ecobill

Ecobill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Where did you get mudguards? Anyone have muffler tips?

7. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Here is the thread and my install…. there are also pics here….

Mudguards for the C? | Page 2 | PriusChat

As for tips, I'm debating getting one on my C too but am unwilling to pay the prices I have been seeing… The lift back tip is tucked further in so its pointless IMO but I hate the way the C sticks out the back it needs something…

Hope this helps...

8. PeterHaas

PeterHaas Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What you receive in a generic Rostra Toyota automatic kit is the control with its connecting cable (which is to be modified before installing it into a c) and a baggie with four different colored wires with pre-crimped connectors, only two of which are applicable to the c.

The connectors are impossible to get otherwise, and that fact apparently justifies the difference between the $35 for the control and the $135 to $200 for the complete kit..

So, taking the $200 high price and subtracting the $35 for the control, and you have $165 for the four pre-terminated wires which are supplied in the harness baggie, and that's $41.25 per wire, which is highway robbery in my book.

The beauty of the c installation is most of the hardware is already in the ECU, so all that needs to be done is to install the control and the two wires which connect to the ECU.