1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruising Range did not reset.

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by Jutty04901, May 14, 2012.

1. Jutty04901

Jutty04901 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I took my prius C for its 5000 mile service this morning. When I was leaving the dealership I noticed that both the A and B trip meter has been reset to 0. I usually reset B every time I fill up and compare it with my cruising range. So I decided to stop for gas on my way home. I was only down 3 or 4 bars and my cruising range was at 242. I filled my tank. It only took about 3.8 gallons. When I started my car it prompted me to ajust the fuel price as usual but the cruising range did not adjust. It just stayed at 242. So I'm wondering what will happen because of this. When I get down to 1, will it just stay there for a long time? Could once it hits zero, I may have 2 or 3 or 4 bars and they just disappear and start blinking? Does anyone know?

2. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I don't know all the answers, but on my first tank, cruising range went to zero when I still had one or two bars left.

3. Shibby

Shibby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Section 2.2 of the Manual states:

When only a small amount of fuel is added to the tank, the display may not be updated. (I'm not sure what 'small amount' means, but I feel like I've seen 4 gallons mentioned before on these forums.)

Vehicles without a smart key system:

When refueling, turn the engine switch to the “LOCK†position. If the vehicle is refueled without turning the engine switch to the “LOCK†position, the display may not be updated.

Vehicles with a smart key system:

When refueling, turn the “POWER†switch off. If the vehicle is refueled without turning the “POWER†switch off, the display may not be updated.

4. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    My GenII did that once. The trip limit for the Gen II's is 2 gallons before reset. This was a cold day, the tank was nearly empty too. I did a manual reset and it has not had this issue again.