1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Custom LED foglights for my prius C trim 2.

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kwhubby, Jan 13, 2013.

1. kwhubby

kwhubby Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I decided to create LED foglights for my prius C trim level 2 using the preexisting foglight covers. I used high brightness (130 lumen * 6) amber luxeon rebel LEDs with 12 degree collimators. I used the built in wiring harness, fuse, and relay. I made the aim adjustable, so that way I can optimize my light output and minimize glare.
    I have the blinkers disable them, for an added effect and potential increase in visibility.
    It was a very time consuming project, but I'm very happy with the results. I already have 6000k morimoto HID's for the low beams, and cheap led bulbs elsewhere.

I wrote up a little webpage with pictures/video and a partial how-to:
    Custom Prius C Foglights (pictures, and instructions)

Attached Files:

2. everdave

everdave New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Looks good - so even in trims with no fog lights all the wiring should be there already? How hard would it be to install stock upper trim fog lights?

3. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  4. kwhubby

kwhubby Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey there.
    At least with 2012, 2013 models the wiring was there. I assume it is all the same today, but it should be verified.
    If you have the fog lights, they pop in and connect very easily, I took the unusually difficult step of building my own fog lights with the blank panel using primitive tools.
    The hardest part (shown in my little write up) is removing/ reworking the relay box to connect a missing pin.

The indicator in the dash doesn't illuminate, but only because it isn't wired up in that trim. This is similar to the issue I had with the relay box/ computer I had to modify. I actually think the led exists in the display panel. I didn't want to tear apart the whole dash, to get to dash indicator wiring. With sufficient motivation and the instructions to disassemble the dash, I'm pretty sure I could make it work.

5. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Replied to your message. Thanks. Let's figure this out.

For any members that have added fog lights AND have the dash indicator light working, can you post what year and trim and what fog kit you used?

iPhone ?