1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Custom Stereo Install - JL Audio and DLS - Sub in Cubby Hole

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by vidoprof, Aug 10, 2011.

1. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ryan, your speakers are comparable quality to my Hertz and I would have saved the money in your situation too. One correction, were you to add the mids "later", you would need a slightly larger mount to accommodate the the 2 additional x-overs. Still a very easy project. F8L's ability to go 1900W without a Cap is testiment to the car. I just chose to use industry standard "1 farad to 1000W" as a precaution to system performance and battery life.

I have a brother in Jacksonville and friend/co-worker in Tampa I'm overdue to visit. I fly free with Southwest but I'm looking to drive out soon. I'll give you a heads-up if you want to connect to brag and compare. :cool:

http://www.dls.se/econtent/files/139/man_ir_spkrs06_eng.pdf

2. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ryan,

yeah pic 15 was to you. As well as the placement of your amp.

3. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mine was an 06. Loved it. But got rid of it for a 08' M3 convertible, which I still sorely miss. Mine was an auto.. I drive too much for a stick, although the M3 was stick..

Ryan

4. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Absolutely.. Come on down.. I have a pretty lax schedule as I work for myself and now is my really slow time. I am right off 275 in Tampa.

Not sure what you mean about the slightly larger mount though.. My Crossovers are under my seat, do you mean the mount that they are attached to? It's just a board that they mounted the other crossovers to, so that would be simple.

I would also LOVE to hear your system and see what that sounds like, cause who knows your might be better and then I would just switch mine out. :) But yeah saving the money was a key factor.

Mee: I will have to look at the pics.

Ryan

5. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those are the crossovers for my component set located under the drivers side seat.

The amp is under the passenger seat.

Ryan

6. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    "My Crossovers are under my seat, do you mean the mount that they are attached to?" Yes.

I would like to try your sub and here the difference. The location ShawnB2, you, and a few others utilized was my first choice. I just could not find a reasonable price for the box here. If I like the sound, and mgb4tim comes through with a good product, I might swap.

7. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They just used a big piece of wood and then used the carpet I found that matched my carpet. So it's just a 1x1' piece of wood with carpet over the top mounted to the floor board.

Let me know when you come to town, you are more than welcome to hear my system and see if you like it. I would love to hear yours and see what the Hertz sounds like as well. We can grab some lunch or something.

Ryan

8. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ryan,

The amp to your sub is under the passenger seat? Or for your doors? Why would you run extra cabling from your battery to under the passenger seat when its right there?

9. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I only have 1 amp. It runs the doors and the sub. It's located under the passenger seat.

Ryan

10. shawnsprius

shawnsprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have dynamated all my cars, I always mat the metal skin of the car itself, and around the speaker install area.. I am seeing folks matting the inside door, , is that doing anything?