1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash lights too dim with headlights on '05 EU model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 7Lowe, Jun 5, 2014.

1. 7Lowe

7Lowe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an EU spec '05 Prius and when I turn on the headlights the dashboard dims so much that I can't read the display unless it's very dark. So, if I turn on the lights for rain during the day it might as well be black.

There is a wheel that I assumed was the brightness adjustment, but it didn't affect it and as I was playing with that I realized it was adjusting my headlights up and down.

Is there anyway to adjust the brightness of the dash displays or at least prevent it from dimming when you turn on the headlights?

2. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, it is one of the buttons next to the tripmeter-selector (under the MFD) iirc. It is a pushbutton with three settings.
    I'll check tomorrow.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  3. 7Lowe

7Lowe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you so much! This has been driving me crazy for months. :)

In case any one else happens by here searching... it was the one on the right next to the ODO-Trip button. Had a picture sort of a round dial gauge on it.

Data Daedalus likes this.