1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Service Department in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jonny Zero, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Does anyone have any experience with them in the Austin area? Good or bad. I think I will use them, until the free Toyota Care runs out.

Years ago I had a problem with Classic Toyota (Now Round Rock Toyota). They put the green fluild in my cooling system and billed me for the Toyota SLL (pink stuff). What was worse it was mostly water, as my hydrometer only tested it down to 15*F. To me fair, when I called them out on it, they flushed it and put in the right stuff.

Since then I had been doing most of the the maintenance myself. But it would be stupid to pass the free service offer for 25K, right?

2. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been using Charles Maud Toyota off of 183. That's where I bought my Prius and where I've been going since I bought it. I haven't been there too many times for service, but they've been pretty responsive every time I've gone. This past Friday I went to see about getting my interior side panels swapped out with leather because for some reason the TSS versions don't come standard with leather side panels even though everything else is, and I ran into their quality assurance person. She asked me what i needed and then relayed it to the service guys. She always seems to be there and I know I can count on her if ever anything gets messed up. If you need her info or the service guys name/number, let me know.

Jonny Zero likes this.
  3. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just had my 5K done at Round Rock Toyota. Strickly because its location. I was in and out in about 50 mins. I know for a fact that they rotated the tires, because now the pressures are 42/44, instead of 44/42. I don't think they checked the pressures, or reset the TPMS as specified by the manual.

I looked closely and saw no scratch on the wheels. I call it a win and will reset the pressures and TPMS myself.

They billed Toyota $31.91 for labor. Which is not horrible, if you factor in 30 mins of labor.

4. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not bad. Is that where you bought your Prius from? I originally went there but at that time, they didnt have too many of them on the lot. Then I emailed them to make an appointment to view them and never heard back.

5. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yep. That's where I bought it.

Funny you mentioned the never heard back part. I was doing online bids with all three dealers. Round Rock was the only one did not reply to my email. (I did get an auto reply from the general manager, blah, blah, blah), but never a personal reply from a salesperson.

I went in to test drive a Prius c (which I did not like), because they are close to my house, and started the negotiation with a salesman in person. I took delivery of a Five the following day.

6. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Same here. I heard back from Charles Maud the next morning once I sent them the inquiry. I went in to look at the Prius C and didn't like the ride or the size of the interior (3 kids). I saw the TSS version in the show room and decided to get one.
    Btw, I wonder if there are any Prius clubs around the Austin area. I see a ton of them around, but most people on here live in California.

7. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I wonder if their email system had issues. No salesperson would pass up a potiential customer like this.

Not any club that I am aware of. I do talk about Prii with the folks at the office, there are quite a few here.

I can picture it now - KVUE reports a huge traffic jam on a Saturday afternoon; root cause, people going to a Prius meet. LOL.

8. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, I was thinking the same thing, maybe they do have issues.

lol, thats funny. I getting on the on-ramp to I35 yesterday and a prius was in front of me going about 30mpg. I was shaking my head and saying "damn prius driver", and quickly passed her.

9. yyyiiikes

yyyiiikes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would also be interested to know if there is an Austin Prius gathering.

10. yyyiiikes

yyyiiikes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have been avoiding the dealership and performing my own maintenance for a few of reasons:

1) Want to ensure it is done right.
    2) I don't live close to any dealer.
    3) Enjoy being in my garage :)

I will be changing the oil for the first time in a couple of weeks.

For reference... I purchased my car from Champion Toyota (on I-35 S). Champion toyota recently opened up a new and expanded service center.

11. Spindifferent

Spindifferent Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had service done at both Maund and Round Rock, and both have been good. Round Rock has a new service center and the waiting area is very roomy. Maund's waiting area was cramped. Service at both was equally as good. Purchased the 2010 Prius at Maund, but will have future service done at Round Rock since it is is closer to where I live.

- Spindifferent

12. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is actually two waiting areas at Maund, but the other one isnt too well known. Its actually just across on the other side of the little one (on the side of the service manager). Not many people know about it so its usually empty. I always let them know I'm going to be in the quiet one.
    I haven't gone to the one in Round Rock, mainly because they know who I am at Maund. But distance wise, I think Round Rock is closer to me since I live in Cedar Park.

13. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It has been many years since I have been to Maund. I do remember the little room between the service drive and the hallway leading to the parts counter.

The new service center in Round Rock is nice. BTW they sent me a survey, I politely told them about not resetting the tire pressures and TPMS, and how I expect this to be missed by Disocunt Tire or Wal Mart, but I had expected Toyota to know better.

14. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Let us know if they respond. Its nice that they send surveys, but even better when they actually look at the responses and respond to them.

15. Spindifferent

Spindifferent Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just had the 30k service done at Round Rock last Friday. In and out in a hour. They have a 30k coupon for $15 off the price, so I saved a couple bucks. Coupon is good for the month of Oct. if you are lucky enough to need the 30k this month. The 30k service cost $136.28 with the coupon. This included synthetic oil.

They have a free wifi network in the waiting area that seems to work well.

I have a 2013 Tacoma on order from Champion, so I'm curious to see what their service center is like. I got the best deal from them compared to Maund and Round Rock.

- Spindifferent

16. Welshdog

Welshdog Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Champion has been good for us. The new service center is nice. My Wife really likes David Borchgrevink, one of the service advisers. Everything always seems to go smoothly. When we asked them to reprogram the backup beeper, they just did it - no reluctance, no questions, no BS. I know some people have met with resistance when asking for this service.

17. Texas-Prius

Texas-Prius One more Prius to fight terrorism

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I too purchased mine at Charles Maund Toyota. The salesperson introduced me to the Service Department Manager, and while he seemed nice and professional, like yyyiiikes, I also do all of my own service at home, unless it is some major warranty work that needs to be done. +1 on the idea of an Austin Area Prius Club. It would be interesting to see what others have done to their Prii.

- TP