1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealership just called regarding my first service out of warranty...Place your bets!

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by thefyn, Apr 4, 2014.

1. thefyn

thefyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just got a voicemail from the dealership regarding a service (the first service now my Prius C is out of warranty) that I need to call them back to discuss something.

Place your bets!!! What is it going to be? Now that I have to pay for it...How is this one going to work out? I left a message and am waiting for them to call me back.

The last checkup it had under warranty was 5 months ago. Please be a faulty fluffy dice.

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is all in the manual. This is a good opportunity to see how sleazy your dealer is. If they require changing the brake pads or blinker fluid, just go find a new dealership/mechanic. If what they say jives with what your owners manual says for maintenance, then cool beans.

I still get calls from Nissan about my over-due oil change in my Leaf. I would like to see them try that one!

orenji and ztanos like this.
  3. thefyn

thefyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

The ironic thing is, after my last service, as soon as I hit the motorway, my tire pressure warning came on. Then a few weeks later I was out of wiper fluid. This could def be a 3rd strike issue. It suggests they did not test my tyre pressure and fluid levels. Actually this would be 4th strike because it took them over a month to replace a tyre under warranty.

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wiper fluid yes. Tire pressure could be that they reset them really low if you like to pump up like dealers generally do. The only times I go to the dealer are for recalls and every time I explicitly tell them to not touch my tire pressure.

Hopefully the dealer is just incompetent and not malicious.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what warranty is up? how many miles on her?

6. thefyn

thefyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Winner winner, chicken dinner. It was only a suggestion to rotate the tires because they had not worn equally. I pointed out that one of them had 25k less miles on them as I had a blowout.

So that went about as good as it gets. Phew. Also turns out I have 2 free services in hand. I thought that stopped after 25k or 30k miles but I won't argue.