1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

deciding between loaded Prius and CT200h

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by zmre2b, Mar 18, 2012.

1. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Lexus in Englewood NJ had free half sandwiches + drinks

hackensack toyota throws out one box of dunkin donuts for the day and you're lucky if they keep the coffee pot filled

2. TomDac

TomDac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Lexus customer service is second to none. I miss that (had a RX300)....

3. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My local Toyota dealer has free snack foods, coffee & drinks along with free wi-fi, several fireplaces, large flat HDTV's & several wonderful lounge areas with great seating. I took this picture of a Camry inside the dealer last week.

[​IMG]

4. reachk

reachk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I wrestled the similar question. The rear visibility and space made the. V5 ATP my choice and just ordered enginer 8kwh package. Do not think I could have fit the 8kwh in the CT. It's trunk is smaller than a Prius C. I really wanted a sunroof but let that go to have the space. Liked the red lightson the dash when the ct goes into power mode. If I could have dealt with the small trunk the ct may have won me. Good luck ---check out the FSport in the CT.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's pretty fancy for a Toyota dealer.

At the Lexus of Bellevue (WA) dealer, when I set foot in there to pickup the HS 250h I'd won a week test drive of (long ago), I was impressed by the interior of the place. I recall large fish tanks and escalators. I think there was a coffee/espresso stand. I didn't look around for food.

Lexus of Stevens Creek in the Bay Area has indoor customer parking. That's really unusual for a car dealer.

6. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG]

They have a 1,296-square-foot media screen, which is roughly the size of a movie theater screen that is visible from the freeway. Includes boutique and a restaurant on the upper floor in the middle.

Lexus Escondido Channel 6 News - YouTube

2 people like this.
  7. jerryss

jerryss New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went through the same thing.

Prius 5 with ATP
    vs
    CT Premium with PCS

In the end, I bought a CT. mainly because 90% of the time there will only be one person in the car.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Jerry

8. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    SDTUNDRA - WOWWWWWWW.........i'm gonna bring my CT thereeeeeeeeeeee..........

I'll have a kobe burger and a glass of cab pleeeze......

9. Charley 2012 prius IV

Charley 2012 prius IV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I looked at both cars and decided on the Prius IV. Mostly due to price point and the Prius had more room. I am a large man and disabled and need a lot of room. I traded a 2010 Toyota Corolla XRS for the Prius. The Prius has a lot more room than the Corolla. At times I miss the power the XRS had but I don't miss it as I drive by another gas station. I also test drove the Camry Hybrid but did not like the seats and for the same money as the Prius I could get 10 more MPG. It was a no brainer.

10. movingforward

movingforward Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Prius has power! Select PWR mode and you'd be surprise. It's no Lambo but it has more power for this size and class of vehicle than most realize well except for us Prius owners anyway...

11. Bahnsai

Bahnsai New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Why I picked Prius 4 over Lexus CT:
    1. More space.
    2. More MPG
    3. Less $
    4. The USB connector, nav mouse, pop up screen, drive mode wheel.

12. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wish I did not have an aversion to big car payments like some of my friends. A co-worker at work is getting the CT200H next week. Would have been nice to get a base CT200H, but an extra $100 a month did not fit my values in what I was looking for in a new ride... Not to add in the extra insurance and personal property taxes here in Virginia....

13. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I considered the CT before finally getting the 2011 Prius 4. I'm very happy with the extra room (haul a lot of garden supplies and chicken feed). After getting rid of the wheel covers and putting the chrome side molding on it, the Prius is a better looking car anyway. The seats are great on long trips and all the 'little things' make it the best car I've ever owned - it's paid for already too!

14. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Will have to see what I think of his CT200H over my Prius in the end. I bought the Prius for mpg, trunk space, and my perceived comfort for road trips.....

In the end I think that my Prius will be the winner for my needs. The savings on the car note will allow me an extra 1000 miles of road trips. :)

15. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The Prius (models Four/Five) has an option for Safety Connect which I believe is similar to Onstar's safety function.

I saw a CT200h stopped at a light next to me on the way home last night. Very nice looking car. So I went on-line and built one out only to be disappointed in what you get. What you get decked out with a Prius comes with extra charge for an equivalent in the CT200h. Enform + Safety Connect was about $250/year. This was priced from an Arizona zip code. YMMV. I'd rather stay loaded with the Prius for less money OTD.

16. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The CT sure has a mighty nice interior, but I can't say that much about the exterior. Reminds me of the new Matrix and funny how the wheel base turns out to be the same and the length is the same, too. Hmmmm?

I looked a CT over pretty closely while I was waiting to get a State Inspection Sticker plastered on our Prius. The Lexus building is right next to the Toyota building, only separated by about a 60 foot wide strip of driveway that leads into the Lexus Service garage door entrance on the left and the Toyota Service garage doors on the right. I was a bit surprised that a moat didn't actually separate the two facilities... but I digress.

I don't think I would ever consider buying a CT. The MPG numbers aren't that good and then there's the price... in the $30s for a well turned out Matrix that comes in around $20,000 well equipped. I have a Vibe with the same 1.8L motor that's in our Prius (OK, but the bones are the same!) and I can nurse 40 MPG out of it once the air temperatures climb up to the 50s. So, really, the slight MPG jump the CT advertises at a premium of $10,000++ is a bit tough to get over. I'm sure that a fully optioned leather wrapped Matrix (oops,:eek: my mistake!)... I meant to say CT200h easily pushes into the $40,000 pricing realm.

Prius wins. Bring your own Cabernet to the shop waiting room if you're feeling swanky (you could probably even leave it right in the bag while you drink! Try that in the Lexus waiting room with the concierge looking right at you!) while the Prius maintenance is done. And, our Toyota dealer also offers wifi (yes, I'm sure that the Mbps rate is slower than what you get over on the Lexus side), but there you go. It's a Prius win-win at a nearly sane price.:cool:

17. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sigh, wish those were the hard decisions I had to face!:p

18. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    If the CT had the same interior room of the Prius, I would have bought it on the spot.
    There's just no comparison when you go from sitting in the P to sitting in the CT. Night and day. And then right off the lot it drives better and is quieter. And for only a couple grand more than a V. But alas... the CT is just too small for our needs... so V it is.