1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

defrost buttons front/rear

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Sallyles, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Sallyles

Sallyles New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    The Vent/defrost/front/rear buttons on the steering wheel quit working so I replaced them, still not working, so I replaced the Clock spring, still not working. The controls on the touch screen works fine its just the steering wheel buttons that don't work. Anyone have this problem on their 2008 Prius?

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I lost the function of those buttons also, and just assumed it was the clock spring. I traded the car in on my 2011 before I could find out for sure. My MFD buttons also worked just fine.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    does the clock spring connect directly to the back of the mfd? is it oem?

4. Sallyles

Sallyles New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    The Clockspring is inside the Steering wheel shaft, behind the steering wheel. Yes it is oem.

5. Marty2go

Marty2go Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Had this same problem. Steering w buttons don't work only on right side. The left side ones work good. Changed the clock spring with no change so I changed the steering w. Then the cruse light would lite but not work. The recycle, F defrost, R .defrost, and cruse buttons don't work.