1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deposits on Prius PLUG IN models and Prius V wagon models

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by DianneWhitmire, Jan 25, 2011.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm just starting to take deposits on Prius PLUG IN models due out in about a year (estimated release January/Feb 2012) and the Prius V model (that's the new wagon that was just revealed about 2 weeks ago online and in studio - that wagon-esque model will be here this summer as a 2012 model as well.

I can't do anything but secure you a place in line with the promise of no markups or added dealer schmutz or unasked for accessories. I have no idea of pricing, or colors or options ... but if you'd like to be one of the first for the two models, email me, let's get this party started.

I am very excited about the PLUG IN models in CA because they will be eligible for the new BLUE sticker for the HOV lanes as a fully functioning electric car even though it switches to hybrid when the juice diminishes.

Frankly, the demand for me in CA will be so high, I prefer not to sell out of state unless you're already one of my previous out of state buyers. Sorry - it's just that CA buyers lose their HOV lane rights on July 1 of this year and buying a PLUG IN gets them back till 2016 so I will be focusing on my own carpool lane expats! LOL! :)

Dianne

2. ggcc

ggcc Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Dianne,
    Can you tell me which model will get the HOV Sticker?

Also, what is Blue HOV sticker?

3. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    No models get the yellow HOV sticker. That yellow sticker is almost 4 years extinct - they stopped sending them out in Feb 2007. They also expire July 1, 2011. For good.

Electric cars that meet the CA standards will qualify for the BLUE sticker, for electrics OR electric+hybrid ... and that sticker isn't being issued on any cars at all till Jan 1, 2012. That will mean Nissan Leaf only right now, as far as I am aware but as the plug-in Prius arrives, that car will also qualify... and that sticker is good thru 2016 as I recall. The VOLT in its first year won't make the grade -- emissions aren't low enough as I recall. Just google blue HOV sticker California and a DMV page will come up in the list. The info is right there.

4. ggcc

ggcc Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Dianne,

Thank you very much for the info.