1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE installed now dead battery.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kenoarto, Mar 31, 2015.

1. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK now I've really done it. Prius has been flawless till now. Installed a used DICE unit last week. Works nicely. Immediately after install, while I was testing two different USB adapters, I got the triangle of death (and all the blinking lights) for a few seconds, so I quickly turned car off/on, and that problem went away. Came out to locked car a week later (yesterday), battery was totally dead. Car started right up with jump. Wth?!? Could I have knocked an important wire loose while moving the block of electrical wires? Battery is 6 months old and was well charged.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i saw here where someone else hooked up a dice and it drained their battery. you got it hooked to constant power or ign on power?

3. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I plugged it into the back of the radio port (CD2) per directions from DICE/AudioVox. . Nothing else is attached for power.