1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did the stealth stereo install and now my car won't start unless key is in the ignition

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by shane trimble, Aug 2, 2012.

1. shane trimble

shane trimble New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The thread title says it all. I followed the instructions and watched the video. Did I unplug something by accident? Thanks

2. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Did you unplug something? Are you getting any messages on your displays?

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

3. shane trimble

shane trimble New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I took the dash apart again and it doesn't appear as if anything is unplugged or not connected properly. I checked the wiring harness for the key slot and that appears to be just fine. I don't know what's going on.

4. Christopher Parker

Christopher Parker New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There is a button on the lower panel below the steering wheel that deactivates the Smart Key. Did you push it by accident? It's a black button that says "key" below it.

5. nickastaldo

nickastaldo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problems. I take it that you can still unlock your doors by just touching the handle, but you can't start the car with the fob still in your pocket. I did a test with mine, I put my keys on the driver's seat, then closed the door (with my window down), then pressed the lock button on the door handle. Well, the car locked, so that leads me to believe that the car does not "see" that I'm inside. I'm not sure if installing an aftermarket radio block the signal or what. Let me know if you figured anything out. Thanks!