1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Diet update

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, May 15, 2012.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would bring a sheet with me. Then if I had to poop, I'd just put the sheet over me, squat down, and fertilize the meadow. Or if there are shrubs available, use one for cover. (And I always pack out the t.p.!)

I disagree. When I am exercising regularly, 4 or 5 days a week, 3 miles jogging or 45 minutes on the exercise bike as hard as I can maintain for the distance, I can control my eating. When I am not exercising (because I'm sick or injured) then I cannot. And it's still calories in vs. calories out. At 63 I cannot burn as many calories per hour as I used to, and I suppose my basal metabolism is lower, so I cannot eat as much as when I was 30. But the math is the same. Eat more than you burn, gain weight; burn more than you eat, lose weight. Plus, exercise raises the basal metabolic rate. Diet without exercise lowers the metabolic rate, counteracting the effects of the reduced intake.

Absolutely agree! Intake control is what matters. How you do it doesn't matter.

1 person likes this.