1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disable Eco Score / advice?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Rickster, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Rickster

Rickster Junior Member

I just bought a Gen4 Prius Two about two weeks ago, after my 2005 Gen2 got done in by somebody rear-ending me on the freeway. (I'm okay, thanks. Also, if you plan to rear-end people, you'll have minimal damage to your own vehicle if you drive an Acura MSX. :p ) Generally I'm quite happy with it. (And looking forward to getting a Carista adapter in the mail so I can turn off the %$#@ reverse beep like I did with odometer-switch tricks in the Gen2.)

I'm curious about the whole Eco Score thing—the current score shown while driving (on the Hybrid System Indicator dashboard screen), and the end-of-trip summary and advice shown when powering off the car. I found these cute at first, but they're already starting to get annoying. (Call me uptight, but I don't like my car getting preachy about how I drive it. I'm glad for the advice when I feel like hypermiling, but I don't all the time. And I don't like being told I could be driving better when I have to brake for an ill-timed yellow light, much less an emergency.)

When I took a test drive (in another Gen4) before buying, (I think I recall that) the dash didn't show any Eco Score stuff—neither the current score on the HS Indicator screen, nor the end-of-trip summary.

I can effectively avoid the current score business by keeping the dash screen on something other than the HS Indicator, but that's a poor solution — I'd like to see the HS Indicator too (without enabling the combo display that puts it next to the speedometer). And there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the end-of-trip

'LectroFuel and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    glad you're okay! i don't know anything about the gen4, but i'm impressed that you've been a member from the beginning, kept your '05 for so long and only changed because of the accident. how many miles did she have? all the best with your new ride, see you in 2027!(y)

wrprice and 'LectroFuel like this.
  3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you get ALL or select something altogether different. If you put it on AUDIO, you can still monitor the HS indicator in the HUD.

End of trip - have a passenger who opens the door the moment you press POWER OFF - like my mother does, and it disappears before I can see it.

4. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think you cannot remove the ECO score. I don't remember seeing any mention of it anywhere on the user's manual. It tends to be a bit annoying after a while. I guess I will get used to it soon and not notice it anymore.

5. TheRedRocker

TheRedRocker Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your ECO FORUM Score 43/100