1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Disconnected Aux battery but radio not reset.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by *Goldfinger*, Mar 1, 2014.

1. *Goldfinger*

*Goldfinger* Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today I disconnected the 12v battery, for several reasons, one was to force a reset of all CPU's and reset everything. I disconnected, held foot brake down for 20 sec's, briefly switched headlights to on. Then reconnected after about 2 hours. MFD mileage reset, along with MPG info as expected, but radio pre-sets and bluetooth mobile settings all still there. How come? Will it have reset Prius computers etc as I had hoped?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe the radio presets are using non-volatile memory, this may have been an engineering change by the supplier.

The ECUs (other than SRS and skid control) should reset given the interruption of 12V power.

*Goldfinger* likes this.
  3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I also find disconnecting the battery does not loose the radio presets or phone settings. The only things that do reset are the auto windows fuel figures, and engine ECU. I believe this could be a difference in the radio fitted to the UK/EU Prius against the US version.
    I have also noticed that even though the radio is rarely used in my car it still updates the satnav with any problems on the roads. For instance in the area I live the satnav showed road closures due to flooding. Obviously using local radio for this.

John (Britprius)

*Goldfinger* likes this.
  4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just like the perfectly designed "Interior Back Up Beep" any data that you might want to keep that is important, you can't. The only thing with NVRAM is the radio......smart!:confused:

*Goldfinger* likes this.
  5. *Goldfinger*

*Goldfinger* Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks every one for your fantastic replies, this site is invaluable ! :)