1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DIY Console Cover

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Rh0, May 31, 2012.

1. Rh0

Rh0 Junior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I didn't like the unfinished edges around the buttons on the console cover that is available in the PC shop and online. I also didn't like the idea of sticking down velcro strips onto the console cover. Others may not think twice about doing that, but I wanted a cleaner install and look.

I decided to get my own made. Used a synthetic leather (black), created the template with paper and had it sewn by the local alterations shop. It attaches with velcro to itself so it can be tightened as much as needed. The fabric I used is very supple and soft, so it contours to the underlying shape well. It doesn't add padding, but the console is already padded.

photo.JPG photo (1).JPG

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That looks pretty good, except some of the stitching isn't straight and kind of "wavy". It does look like it will provide a lot of protection for the console cover though. :)