1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DIY JDM style side mirrors combo lights (Signal+Parking+Courtesy lights)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by CivicSky, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Add me to the list, painted Blue Ribbon Metallic.

2. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sigma sells the Grazio LED Welcome Light Unit for $225 (near the bottom of the exterior accessory page). The OP said above that it looked the same as his unit. It clearly has a welcome light and turn signal light. I assumed that it also has the driving light too, but wasn't sure. I used google and found these photos (ã€Âã¿んカラ】 Grazio & Co. LED WELCOME LAMP UNIT å–り付ã‘|ウィッシュ/トヨタ|整備手帳|やã¶~暴走天使~ - 車・自動車SNS(ブログ・パーツ・整備・燃費))that seem to confirm that they are the same (see photo 6).

If you need painted covers you can order the regular signal mirror covers and they will delete the cost of the OEM blinkers. So you are probably talking ~$300 or so. More expensive but you would get a return policy and probably some sort of warranty. Just saying....

3. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nigel,
    I'd like to say if Danny (admin/founder) is ok with your status, I have no problem to let you pick up the group buy. But like he said in the earlier post, you have to be a partner with Prius Chat in order to sell parts here. I am fine if you want to sell those exact same lights to PriusChat members on the list at a lower price and quicker delivery.
    Fred

4. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Nigel, what kind of time frame are we talking to order? I am here local near LA and would love to see a set in person if at all possible. Have done a little bit of research and you seem fairly legit. I think it just came across weird with you just showing up with 2 posts and trying to sell something to everyone here. Maybe if I could verify what you're getting is as good as it seems it will help get you more business from our members. All being that you're going through the proper channels to do so of course. Let me know though PM or here whichever you prefer. I'm really interested in this and perhaps if you're able to get other things from Japan I'll order other thing through you as well in the future. Thanks.

5. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    CivicSky,

You did a great job with the install information and you went well beyond the call of duty to try to organize a group buy, and I think that is fantastic. But, unless I missed something, you do not have a commitment from the HK source. You probably have a lot more work to do to get the deal done and establish a one-time distribution channel from HK to 30 buyers. I think it was great for you to step up and offer to help, thinking that the units were not otherwise available.

Because they are available from at least two sources, why put yourself and possibly your mom through the trouble? And it sounds to me like Nigel is offering a good deal.

And I can't help but wonder why the HK supplier would not ship a single order to you. Is he really willing to ship a larger order possibly to 30 different addresses? My feeling is that he has a good reason not to tie himself to the shipments. Maybe he has a postal-phobia or maybe he lacks a proper commerical export license. If a license is required, could your mom get into trouble if she got involved? Of course I'm sure the lights are top quality and were legally purchased in Taiwan and legally imported into HK. Just a few of the things that have caused me to pause joining the original group buy.

Anyway, that's my $.02.

Again, great find and great write-up. I was orginally planning on getting the OEM turn signal mirrors when I saw these. So thanks!

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yeah, I agree, if Nigel can confirm it's the same unit as CivicSky's there's no reason for CivicSky to subject himself to unnecessary work and risk by going through the other guy. If Nigel has done group buys over at Club Lexus, it's a no brainer for him to contact Danny to arrange this group buy for the $175/190 price.

7. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The only cosmetic difference I can see so far is in the wiring harness. It looks like CivicSky had 5 wires including two ground wires for each side (one for the light pipe LEDs and one for the courtesy light?), if I understand correctly, and Nigel has 4 wires meaning a common ground. The lights themselves at least look the same.

I would still like to see them working....

8. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    haha.... he is not a postal-phobia. He actually charged me extra for sending each lights individually. The extra US$3 just was not significant enough to affect the final delivery cost even if you compare to the cheapest USPS domestic flat rate boxes that start from US$11. I just save everyone $8 on shipping by asking him to send individually.

Also, the lights shown on Nigel's website are the same as mine. There are totally of 5 wires coming out from the light housing. Black + White for courtesy or puddle light underneath. Blue + Red + Black are the wires for the "pilot" lights and the amber signal lights.

9. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've sent him a PM trying to find out what kind of time frame we are talking and since he's local to me I'm trying to see if I can see them in person and report back if it doesn't take too long. We'll see what he says. I really want to get moving on this.

10. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you're willing to get a set to see in person I'd certainly take the time to come meet up with you. Keep me up to date and we can set up a day after they show up to meet. Thanks for following up.

11. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello all,
    If you have checked the recent event on the DIY signal lights thread regarding the group buy, you may already know Nigel, a local seller has joined and offered the same set at lower price and faster delivery. I will back out from this group buy as your product supplier. Please note that your color selection will be passed on to Nigel. For more information, please refer to the thread #67. [​IMG] Sorry for the inconvenience. I did my best.
    sincerely,
    Fred

4 people like this.
  12. ecogreendetailing

ecogreendetailing Detailing Pro

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    not to make things even more complicated but can anyone get the electronic folding mirrors? if so, how much?

13. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    haha... I used to have a pair of power folding mirrors on my Civic and I designed a circuit to make them folded. You definitely need the original hardware from Toyota, i.e. motorized folding mirror frames from Sigma. I'm sure there are OEM or aftermarket circuits available out there. Just the matter of time to look that up. Things are just getting more fun everyday!
    This is the auto folding module with reverse mirrors tilting I found online for Carmy & Wish.
    [​IMG]

14. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow been busy with school and haven't been able to check things up. Looks like a new possible sponsor may be selling these. Thanks again civic. Your post somehow led to Nigel lol.

Those motorized mirrors are a nice idea. Do our mirrors really stick out that far though? Too lazy and cold out to check :p

iPhone ?

15. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yup! A lot can change in 24 hours! :eek:

1 person likes this.
  16. Gyukonrick

Gyukonrick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nigel,
    Please let me know when you are a sponser and in a position to sell. I am interested in a set of JDM mirrors-Blizzard Pearl.

17. Comrad_Durandal

Comrad_Durandal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is there a set time frame for this group buy - or since the supplying member changed, is it now just 'whenever' as we're acting individually now?

:is confused:

18. CivicSky

CivicSky Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The thing is you can still buy the lights through me; however, since Nigel has better price and faster delivery, I decided to let him take your order. I'm still able to purchase lights through my supplier in HK as a back up plan. Attached is the up-to-date shopping list.

Attached Files:

19. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have kind of taken over dealing with Nigel as I'm fairly local to him. Trying to work out to get a set here to see in person before opening to the masses just to make sure it's the real and right deal. He says the turn around is about 2 weeks. He offered and just waiting for a confirmation that he'd order a set on his dime to get a set here to see and I told him if he does and gets them in Blizzard Pearl that if they are what we want I'll buy them on the spot and get things rolling for the rest of the bunch. Will give you an update as soon as I have one. Hoping he's still working out with Danny to become a sponsor so he can sell here on a regular basis if all works out. Sounds like he can get other things as well Toyota/Lexus related. Will get back to you if he doesn't reply directly here in this thread.

20. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Usually during group buy, the person posts a set time frame and a code that you enter on your order that entitles you to the discounted price. However, there's nothing stopping Nigel from offering the xxxx price to any individuals outside of the group buy regardless of the set time frame.