1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do Priuschatters not read the Other Cars area?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Nov 20, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I noticed I've posted numerous threads but so many of them have gotten 0 response. :confused:

Do people just not read that area? Are my posts just not interesting? Something else?

I often read Priuschat via the Alerts and via What's New. I read posts across most of the areas but skip over posts that I have no interest in/no expertise (e.g. the GOM in the PiP).

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually Fred's is pretty much the only area I read regularly now.

I don't care about other cars, so I have no reason to go to the other cars area (I used to back when the Volt was vaporware just for laughs). I have a Prius II so I have no reason to go to the other Prius areas. And in the Prius II area, it's mostly people asking technical questions other people can answer better than I could, so I only glance there occasionally. I'll sometimes pop in the Environmental area, but that's mostly "Here's more proof Climate Change is happening." "That doesn't matter, because HEY LOOK A PUPPY!" Finally, I'll look in the Website Questions area on those rare occasions someone posts something there.

And even Fred's is losing its cache, because most of the posts here are pictures I've already seen on reddit.

3. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lots of new people on our forum lately it seems. Also seems many others are out to start an argument :confused:

Mike :)

Mobile on my SGH-i717

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i only read what's new. unfortunately, many posts that have not been responded to are way down the list instead of at the top, so i don't tend to see them. i love your posts cwerd!:)

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I confess I only read "What's New", then think if I can help. If I can't help, I let it go. Note: not everyone getting my help regards it as helpful.

cyberpriusII and Adam Leibovitch like this.
  6. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not to mention any names, but Ive noticed that too. Most PC'er (thankfully) ignore it. (n)

7. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like the ignore feature on the forum but it doesn't appear to be in Tapatalk so the idiots & jerks show up on my mobile devices :( Gotta train myself to ignore them rather than relying on software to do it.

Mike :)

Mobile on my SGH-i717

8. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I also read What's New which includes Other Cars. Like others I read but typically do not respond since I would not be of much help.

9. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Cwerda - Greetings fellow Prius Borg from the Old School of GEN II Owners. Prius “Gray Beards” like us who were 2G’erz singularly focused on optimizing Prius fuel economy, are now a minority population. We were here Prius chitchatting, sharing new MPG Max’ing Pre-Operative Set Ups and MPG Maximizing Driving Techniques on PriusChat, and Flaming and being Flamed, when the majority of those gathered here were all about squeezing out Maximum MPG from the iconic Prius 2G. This is no longer the case.

The Prius is now --- QUOTE TOYOTA --- “A Prii Family of Four.” With all growing “Families” comes dysfunction. Permit me to paraphrase the old Thanksgiving joke here during this Thanksgiving Holiday Week, “Thanksgiving is all about getting the same dysfunctional people under the same roof to eat turkey and fight over who gets the drum stick…”.

The original Prius owner-operator culture has been co-opted, and become “Pedestrian” by force of numbers and new interests. The original owner-operator community of “Prius Aficionados” has been overrun, and is now outnumbered by a new, majority group of Prius owner-buyer-driver “Family Members.” This new “Hybrid Herd”…or is it “Horde”… are a population of refugee-escapees driven to purchase “New & Improved” 3G, v (vee), c (cee), or Plug-In 3G vehicles by $4 “Pain At The Pump” Gasoline Prices. They did not arrive here and sign up to membership because of any particular love of the Parallel Hybrid Gasoline-Electric Vehicle concept or an interest in applying it to saving or conserving motor fuel or to pursue optimization of the fuel-sipping operation of THE PRIUS HYBRID SYNERGY DRIVE.

Alas, the one brief shining moment that was known as Prius Camelot is no more.

ftl likes this.
  10. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You know we grow and age and find new distractions. Hopefully we stick around to share what little we've learned and share with newbies. Hopefully some of the newbies can gain from our shared experiences. But eventually we all end up on the other side of the grass.

So enjoy the moment and crack a joke . . . so folks look forward to your company.

Bob Wilson

koolingit and PriusGuy32 like this.
  11. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes. I know what you guys mean... :(

I've so far added one person to my ignore list here.

WE0H likes this.
  12. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Oh man, you should have visited 'house of politics' in the months before the election:
    Several years ago, I used the 'ignore' option in one technical forum but I found the rascal(s) usually disappear within 2-3 months. A pattern of bully-posting eventually attracts the attention of moderators along with no feedback from those they seek to abuse.

In the past 2-3 months, there was a partisan in 'House of Politics' who earned the 'Ignorable Prize'. Now that the election is over, no problem, and it has returned to the 'political pillow fight' of the past. The 'honorable competition' reposts from their favorite propaganda sources (nice to have someone with the time and energy to waste in those pits of ignorance) and some of us enjoy whackin' them with a 'clue by four.'

My experience is 4 out of 5 rascals are totally disarmed by a calm, fact-based, response. Some will actually change and post less boring and non-personal postings. But about 1 of 5 are . . . well they need to find a life.

Bob Wilson

WE0H likes this.
  13. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hahaha! I have no access to the house of politics nor do I want it.

I'm not political but I think if I saw it, it would only make me angry and waste a lot of effort and time on my part.

14. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I hope you enjoy the PM story behind it. <grins>

Bob Wilson

15. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, I read that area and find your posts are interesting. I want to thank you for contributing to the forums. Keep up the good work, I appreciate it.

DBCassidy

16. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    cwerdna, I do read your posts in the other cars section. I'm not the type to respond with a 'good post' even if I really enjoyed it. Then much of what could be 'other cars' ends up in the news or brand specific sections. So it be a repeat for someone when seen in the other cars.

For example: the upcoming Rav4 thread in the news section. Toyota plans to offer hybrids in all their models, but the article only has a rumor, if that, of a hybrid version. As an ICE vehicle it shouldn't have been in the hybrid and alt fuel news section.

17. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I made the mistake of joining FHOPolitics before the last Presidential election. For those who are curious, it went something like this:

Poster 1: Our team rules! Your team sucks!
    Poster 2: No, OUR team rules, YOUR team sucks!

Now repeat those two lines over and over and over and over. That's exactly what it was.

Needless to say, I saw no need to join this time around.

18. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like that thread was a hot headed topic [​IMG]

Mike

19. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I enter the forum through a bookmarked link to "What's New" so see a list of all threads with new posts. I usually skip threads that I notice are in the Other Cars section and other some other areas when I am paying attention to which forums the posts are in. If I see certain usernames on a post, and Cwerdna is one of the good ones, I will usually read it no matter where it is.

I would really like to have a "What's New" function that allowed me to only see "What's New" in my selected forums.

amm0bob and WE0H like this.
  20. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I try to not post where I can be counted now...

Nobody counts in the land of Fred... except that the likes here in Pancakes count - but not in FHoPol.

dustoff003 and xs650 like this.