1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone know if toyota is going to extend current promotion on the PIP

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by grodnyc, Nov 2, 2012.

1. grodnyc

grodnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello,

I am interested in purchasing the PIP. However, I cannot do a deal right now since I am closing on a home around late November. While I do have excellent credit (high 700s), I dont want any financing to show up on my credit report (even tough I have been approved for the mortgage) and run the risk of them not giving me the mortgage.

So my question is: does anyone know if Toyota is going to extend the offer of $3,500 cashback and 0% for 60 months aroud the NY area?

Also, for anyone that has dealt with any NY dealer, can someone recommend one?

Thank You in advanced.

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota first offered the PIP with $2000 back. When that promotion ended, they went to the $3500 back. I didn't see any notice, it just popped up a day or two later.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I suspect incentives will be drying up for several reasons. First, inventory will be reduced due to storm damage. Second, those with storm damaged vehicles will be back in the market. Third, the best advertising for hybrids are the reports in the news of long lines at the gas station.

In an affected area if enough inventory hasn't moved then the offer will be extended.

Incentive programs don't get much lead time because they are designed to get the product sold NOW. If a program is scheduled to end November 1 it's replacement may be announced November 1 but more likely November 2.

4. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can always sit tight for a year and get the promotions next November on the leftover 2013 PIP's...

Congrats on your home purchase BTW!

5. grodnyc

grodnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Lets see what happens. I cant wait that long for a car, I need one now that I am movng to the island for my wife. Hopping that they exted till the end of year and I'll go get one after I close on the house.

Can someone recommend someone they have delt with in the NY tristate area for the purchase of their PiP?

Thanks

6. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    In my region, the incentives will stay on the 2012, nothing going to be "incentivized" on a 2013. We are pretty quickly running out of the 2012's... and I have been dealer trading for them every chance I get to ensure I have a good selection thru Turkey Day! :LOL:

7. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I got my PIP from Competition Toyota in Middle Island last month- Ok to deal with- got the PIP at invoice.

BTW- LIPA (our electric supplier here on Long Island) is offering a $500 rebate if you buy a PIP before 12/31/12 I just sent my rebate paperwork in to them yesterday.

8. slcMPG

slcMPG Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looks like a lot of inventory still in the north east. I am guessing they extend the 3500.

9. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If I heard Dianne correctly above, she said "yes" for 2012 models in CA (CA, AZ, OR, WA are the west rollout states).
    The remaining 10 rollout states in east are NY, NJ, MD, VA, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, VT dealing with Frankenstorm so it would be nice to see more time there for 2012's. PM me if you need some dealer hints. I think some of the folks here have gone PiP shopping via the internet, so those dealers willing to make a good deal will contact you.

10. grodnyc

grodnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeahhh! Toyota just extended the promotion to 12/3/12 and upped the cashback to $4000.

Now I just need the builders to hurry up on my house so I can close and go get the PIP.

lensovet and wjtracy like this.
  11. slcMPG

slcMPG Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

You guys need to list regions. It is not the same deal everywhere. I have only seen the 4K in the Mid Atlantic region.

12. grodnyc

grodnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry...NY Greater Region

13. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I see 0% + $4000 in Long Island NY and North Jersey.
    South Jersey and North VA show just 0%.

lensovet likes this.