1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does everyone LOVE their Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Banjoman, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Banjoman

Banjoman Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As I meet Prius owners most, if not all, use the word "love" to describe their satisfaction with the car. The comment is usually delivered with enthusiasm and a big smile.:D I'm guilty too. Friends notice an evangelistic tone, like I'm preaching the "Prius gospel", whenever I start telling how much fun it is to drive, etc.

So I'm wondering how you "feel" about your relationship with your Prius? What's your response when asked how you like it?

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I can't say that I LOVE my Prius. But I am quite satisfied with my decision and would buy the car again if I had a chance at a do-over.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't say I love my Prius but I do like it a lot.

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's about like my relationship with my first new car -- I can't see any other cars on the road.:rolleyes:

After about two months, my answer started to become pretty standard: "Best car ever made. I can't understand why all cars are not built this way."

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Yes, I still preach the virtues also.

6. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm guessing apriusfan is another engineer or technical-type. We tend to avoid any strong words, particularly absolutes or emotional words, but given his handle, I'm thinking "quite satisfied" would translate to "love it" in a more emotional person....

For me, I can say that if somebody gave me $200K to spend on a car, I'd buy another Prius and put the rest of the money in the bank.

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And if they said, "buy yourself a car, give me back the change"?

I love my Prius, I have a relative who is a marriage celebrant and soon in a civil ceremony we are to wed. the Prius and I. I haven't told my wife yet so not to loud OK. I'm converting to Amish so I can be a poligamist. The car will wear silver rather than white, she has been with another before me.

I also love icecream, sleeping in and my dog.

8. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    loving it... especially when i make trips to the mountain and back.. i only spend 15 dollars for gas... ridiculously cheap compared to people gettn 8mpg... going up the mountain

9. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I always tell people that I like it more the more I drive it, and having just turned over 10k miles today, it's still true. I think everyone should be driving a Toyota Hybrid car, they're just that good.

10. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think its okay. I wouldn't buy one again, but I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Its a great little car don't get me wrong, it just doesn't do it for me.

My fiance however, who chose it and drives is definately "loves" it.

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My line used to be "Coolest car in the universe!" But now that I have the Xebra I have to say the Prius is the "Coolest gasoline-burning car in the universe." Language is odd. The word "love" has many very distinct meanings. We really are speaking of two different things when we say "I love my mother" and "I love my car." One speaks of affection for a human being; the other expresses satisfaction with the quality of a mechanical device.

Then the answer might be: "Buy a Ferrari for $200,000. Then sell it, buy a Prius, and put the excess money in the bank."

Except that I'm anxiously waiting for a better car than the Prius. An EV (that is, a better EV than my Xebra) or a serial plug-in hybrid, such as the Volt would be if they were to actually build it.

I think you've got the wrong religion there, Pat. Amish are not polygamists and they don't drive cars. I think maybe you want to become either a Mormon or a Muslim. But Islam probably prohibits marriage with a car, so I think Mormonism is your only choice.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's a car.

But I must say it's the best car I've ever owned.

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When I had crap cars, I hated driving. When I moved up to pretty good cars, I learned to like (or at least tolerate) driving. With my Prius, I love driving.

14. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I love it. But that doesn't mean I love everything about it.

In fact, there are still 2 things I hate about it:

(1) The standard Prius handles like crap. Easily the worst handling and least fun to drive car I've ever owned.

(2) Rear visibility.

And it gnaws me that it didn't have to be this way --- much of these flaws is due to intentional engineering and design choices made by Toyota.

15. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I forgot the most important modification on my wish list:

Bring back the 2001 turning radius.

~ dan ~

16. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are right as usual Daniel, what was I thinking? I'll head down and change the religion at the registry office tomorrow. Mormon, right!

No sorry Daniel, doesn't work like that, $200,000 to buy a car, hand back the change and you can never sell it. When you are done with it you give it to the church, the Mormon church to help me get a cheaper induction. Come on, play the game.

17. sdp40f500

sdp40f500 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ask me again in the spring, when it's not 18 degrees out and my current tank mileage is under 39 and dropping (yeah, I know all the reasons why, and if I'm getting mileage like that, everyone else, including the wife's Corolla, is getting worse). Right now, after 9 weeks behind the wheel, the jury's still out ...

18. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Too Early but...

I've had my Prii for almost a month now and I love her to death (maybe not as much as my moto). :D The car is fun to drive and easy to handle. Knowing that I am getting at least 45 mpg is just amazing. At apx. 1700 miles, some say that it is too early to tell but I think she's a keeper. :cool:

19. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I love the Prius. I also love my Jetta.

OH OH, Does that make me a bigamist?

20. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i can say that if i knew what i knew now, would i do it again...

well since i did know AND did do it again... ya no problem. when i bought my 06... i never considered or looked at any other car.

now if someone gave me $200,000, i would naturally buy my Prius, but also buy a RAV 4 EV and then bank the rest.