1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does your 2014 Prius v rear camera shows bumper

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Lunchbox, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just bought a 2014 Prius v. I noticed the rear camera view shows a lot of the bumper at the bottom of the screen. Are yours like that too?

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is like this on my gen 3 hatch. I would like one on the front for parking into curbs. H

3. Emcguy

Emcguy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I think you're meant to use the bumper as a reference for the touch condition.

4. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I initially thought the rear view camera was worthless because I couldn't tell distances from anything behind me. When I finally realized the bumper was shown at the bottom it dawned on me I could use it as a guide to how close I could get safely without hitting anything. But directional lines would be helpful too - I want to be see where I'm going, not just check if something is behind me.

5. Ivan White

Ivan White Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I believe the directional lines are only on the top of the line model with bigger NAV screen, side and front radar, moon roof, etc. Wish I had them too, but couldn't justify the $4500 cost.

6. Lee Bridges

Lee Bridges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a v with the ATP package, and it does have the lines.

Interestingly, the salesman for my Prius told me that being able to see the bumper was a close parking aid; however, when I bought a Tacoma, I was told it was so I could see & center up a hitch to a trailer. Works for both scenarios, so no complaint from me.

7. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not worth getting the ATP package for the lines. It's odd though, how much more tech do need to have the lines? Doesn't Honda's system have lines and it's standard on most of the their vehicles now? Even if the lines didn't move, it would help when backing down a long driveway that isn't straight.

8. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The ATP has the HD 7" display, which may have as much to do with what's available as anything.

9. CanuckPT

CanuckPT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I noticed the same thing. My v is white & I just installed a black bumper protector that I bought off this website & that helps me tell more clearly where the edge of the bumper is which is an unanticipated benefit.