1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dog proof the door liner?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Our 2003 Prius, door liner is starting the peel off. I was about to epoxy it back when I realized it was probably a result of the dogs in the car being 'happy to see me.' Little dog claws scratching down the door would explain what is happening on both, front doors.

Now if I epoxy the existing material, their claws will eventually start shredding the cloth-like material. Epoxied to the door, it could turn into a real piece of work.

So I'm wondering if anyone has an idea or suggestions for a dog-proof material that I could put in place of the existing foam-cloth material?

If I'm going to epoxy, I might as well cut pieces of carbon fiber cloth and epoxy in a really strong cover. ... Or rebuild the doors in carbon-foam-and-fiber glass. ....

Bob Wilson

2. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    A tiny little electric fence grid on the doors probably would solve the problem. :eek:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I wish I had that problem. My wife won't let me have a dog. :(

3. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, don't know about Prius.

And, our dog is not destructive, Just drools and leans on door. and it is the Camry, not the Prius. But, we got the
    Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan Vehicle Door Protector from drugstore.com of all places a few years ago. The tabs that fit into the window track are a pain, but once you get them it, it works fairly well. We paid about $20 during some sort of sale.

I just did a search for them and ended up at this page, which does not seem to sell what we bought, but offers alternatives....sorry, best I can do at the moment.
    Cesar Millan Dog Car Door Cover - The Dog Whisperers Vehicle Door Protector for Dogs

4. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll take a stab at this.

Is there a toy to distract the dog?

5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The dogs are still gonna be happy to see Dad....no matter what they're playing with, and the best that science can do at present is "dog resistant."
    Nothing is "Dog Proof."

I'd try the barrier that CP2 mentioned above.
    We used Epoxy and Kevlar in oceanography, but the resulting panel may be a little stiff for your application.

I do not know.

Good Luck!

6. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The problem I had was when the window was down low enough they scratched the door paint. Interior was mostly just drool and nose prints.

7. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four