1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

door lock "beep" stopped working!

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jonb505, Jun 16, 2014.

1. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so my v no longer beeps or flashes the lights when i lock it using the sks touch sensors or key fob.
    I just loaded up my prius v at my storage unit full of stuff to bring back to the house. It is packed to the ceiling. I had a small camping cooler at about ceiling height right behind the drivers seat on top of some other stuff. I thought if I drove gently it would be ok, well i stopped a little too fast and the camping cooler launched itself into the dash/center console, bounced off it and landed on the passenger seat. I didn't see exactly where it impacted on the dash but there appears to be no marks or damage on the climate control or display audio. So the problem is now, maybe this just a coincidence, but when i lock the car from the outside using the FOB or the touch sensor on the door handle I just hear a faint click of the doors locking,(they doors still lock like normal) but no beep or flashing lights like before. I still get the flashing lights and beep sound when unlocking the doors.
    Any idea what I could have done? :confused:

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a setting available for this function. Hard telling what the issue is for you. Coincidence is always a possibility.

3. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I think that signal also indicates that the vehicle is, in fact, secure.
    Maybe one of the doors or hatch isn't closing properly......or the associated switch thinks that it isn't.

4. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Right you are. Thanks for replies.
    I locked it this morning and turns out the rear driver side door was not locking. I have the seats folded flat and stuff on top, nothing really heavy but enough that it must have triggered the rear occupancy sensor?? Or maybe the load was sitting on the rear seat headrest and triggered something to prevent the door from locking? I shifted the load around and then it locked like normal. Didn't even realize there was any kind of sensor for the rear seats. I'm 100% certain that door was closed fully, there was nothing resting against it. Weird.

5. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'll believe wierd; I do NOT believe there are any "sensors" in the back.......and even if there were, the presence of a person in the back seat shouldn't prevent it from locking.

I think it's more likely that your 100% really is 99%. :)

6. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know, i'm starting to think this car has a mind of its own. :unsure:
    I still don't know what would cause only the rear driver side door to not lock when locking all doors on the key fob/sks sensor. would this happen if the door wasn't fully closed?(weather seal lose, seat belt stuck in the door, etc).I do have trouble with the rear hatch not closing sometimes(i don't slam it hard enough or the weather seal pops off when unloading stuff) but the dash lights up showing a door is open in that case. Do the rear passenger doors have a sensor to tell if the door is open like the front doors do?

7. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    ^^^
    Most likely something was pressing on the unlock button on the rear door.

8. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Brilliant.
    A perfect example of "don't overlook the obvious". (y)

Yes, I'm pretty sure there are "sensors" on the back doors too.....just like the front.