1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door Lock on back order

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by pgc100, Jun 19, 2007.

1. pgc100

pgc100 Junior Member

So after a week or driving my new 2007, I was still trying to work out why the lights didn't flash when I locked the car. They would flash anytime I unlocked from the remote. When I went to troubleshoot the alarm not priming, I found out that the rear driver side door lock was jammed. It would not move either manually or with the remote.
    It went back to the dealer yesterday. They are saying that the actuator is broken and that the part is on national back order. They can't bypass the actuator to get the rest of the doors to lock and the alarm to prime.So it looks loike I'm in a service loaner for a few weeks.

Not a great start to my Prius experience.

2. pgc100

pgc100 Junior Member

So a week later, there is still no sign of the part. I had to chase down the service rep at the dealer to get a status. There is still no due date on the actuator. The rep was not exactly sympathetic. His attitude is "what’s your problem we gave you a loaner car". My problem is that the loaner car is not the car I bought; it has been broken into at least once (before I got it), someone had been smoking in the car (a big annoyance) and I hate the way it drives. Its a “Fly by wire throttle†and the car just suffers from throttle surges. When you ask for power there is a delay and the computer will decide if it wants to give you it. Sometimes it waits and then gives you more that you want. Very annoying. I know these systems are supposed to “learn the driver†but this one is failing ME-101 very badly.

One bright note was that the first tank of Gas returned 28MPG which is more than I was expecting.

Would anyone have a parts list for the 07 Prius. I wonder if I can get the part number, I could source the actuator myself.

I will have to work out when my 20 days are up as I can see me ending up filing a “Lemon Law†claim against Toyota.

3. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PGC100 @ Jun 26 2007, 02:08 PM) [snapback]468416[/snapback]</div>
    I had the search set for my 2006, but it should be the same part:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=2

Here's another source, but it uses the same database:
    https://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...m?siteid=213804

Kind of expensive at $213. I'd call them to check on availability and to be sure to get the right part. If they have it in stock, try to get your dealer to buy it from them.

Seems like part look-ups is about the only kind of post I do anymore.

- Tom

4. pgc100

pgc100 Junior Member

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give them a call and see what I can set up.

5. swc001

swc001 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Odd... I have a 2007 with a jammed driver-side rear door actuator. I took the inside skin off and was able to verify this. I need to get the right size spline tool to take it off. Maybe I can get it apart and repair it rather than replace it, but it sure seems like there are a number of posts of 2007s with rear door lock issues!

No, it's not under warranty (salvage/rebuilt). Wish there'd be a recall though.. seems to be a common enough thing...