1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door unlocking question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by exmetrodriver, Aug 9, 2014.

1. exmetrodriver

exmetrodriver Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone know if there is a way to program my Prius to unlock all the doors with one click of the FOB?

2. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It depends how you mean - you can program the car to unlock all doors when you use the 'pull handle to unlock/open door' method of opening the driver's/front passenger's door. But I've never heard of a way to program the car so one press of the 'unlock' button on the fob unlocks all the doors. You can always press the 'unlock'' button twice (quickly), but it sounds like you want to avoid having to press the button twice.

4. exmetrodriver

exmetrodriver Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes I was trying to avoid the double click. My feeling was why put the extra wear on a expensive fob and the price of reprogramming it if the switch dies.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    on the plus side, i have never heard of a switch dying, but granted, most probably leave the fob in their pocket and use the handle.

6. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Strange, the UK/European Prius only requires one press of the fob button to unlock all of the doors.

John (Britprius)

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    apparently, you don't have any hoodlums waiting to jump into the passenger seat, late at night as you're unlocking your car.;)

8. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How did you manage that? Hoodlums and Prius in the same sentence. Oh you didn't mention Prius.

John (Britprius)

kenoarto likes this.
  9. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was able to program my fob on my 2007 prius to open all doors

Instructions
        Know your default setting. Opening the front passenger door unlocks all of the doors. Touching the hatch handle also opens all of the doors, including the hatch.

Understand the way to change your unlock settings. You do this by pushing the door lock button and then the panic button on the fob for about 5 seconds.

Wait for the first beep. After that beep, let go of the buttons. Now the driver's handle unlocks all of the doors.

Hold both of the buttons down until you hear the second beep to force the driver, passenger and hatch handles to unlock individually.

10. desmondlee

desmondlee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    so after the program changes have been made, when you touch the front passenger door handles, or the trunk release, all doors will be unlocked.

Not sure what doors unlock when you you the fob to unlock the door.

11. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you end up selling the car to a female you should program it back for her safety.

I remember a volvo commercial that will warn you via the keyfob if it senses someone already in your volvo as you approach it. Can anyone confirm this? I bet plenty of men bought Volvos for their wives and daughters after seeing that commercial.