1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Double vision, cleaning instrument panel

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JB88, May 28, 2013.

1. JB88

JB88 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Bought a '13 Prius four less than a week ago and while driving home tonight could have sworn I was seeing double vision - only in the instrument panel - speed, fuel gauge, etc. The thing is, is it not odd that I just noticed it? Is it likely that this just cropped up after five days of driving, or did I just not see it before?

I know this issue has been chronicled, but has anyone come up with a fix? I just so happen to be going to the dealer tomorrow for something else and may bring this issue up.

Also, what is the best way to clean this display - both the part that reflects the actual image and the display itself...

Thank you!

2. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you close one eye, do you still see two of everything?:p This is the first I heard of this problem. I didn't have the double image problem with the dash instrumentation during the 30 months I had my '10 Prius IV.

3. slfarooqui

slfarooqui New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Mine is the same way. What did the dealer say?

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be interested in any real suggestions about cleaning the display.

So far, I've been lucky and my display is clear. But I have treated it with a lot of "fear". It's basically been, I keep hoping it stays clear...and I don't touch it at all because I'm afraid if I do anything I could make it worse.

If there is a safe and recommended procedure for cleaning the displays...or even things I really DON'T want to do, I would be interested in knowing.

Right now it's hands off.. and both eyes open.

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just use a microfiber towel to clean it. If you have stuff on it that doesn't not come off, like someone sneezed in there, spray a mist of water on the microfiber and use it. That's about as real as you can get. That's from cleaning them on 5 various prius now over 2 generations and never had an issue except clean displays be it dust removal or removing something on there.