1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's door does not unlock with smart key

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Maen Al Saber, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Maen Al Saber

Maen Al Saber New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Prius 2007 with smart key, the problem is the driver's door does not unlock while touching the handle sensor pad. I works perfectly with the other door and with the hatch one. The interior light turns on when I get close to the driver's door which means that it's not the proximity sensor.

It stopped working like a year ago, the weird thing that last winter and during the snow time exactly it worked like there is no problem at all! After that when the weather got better it stopped working again! Is it something related to temperature/humidity? or it was just like a one off happened by chance at that time?

Is there a way to diagnose the touch pad sensor and fixing it?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's probably broken button. Try taking of the door panel and check the wiring.

3. ooblick

ooblick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2007 with a passenger door that will not respond to the key fob at all. It works mechanically. JC91006, do you have links to those wiring diagrams?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    might need a new lock motor.

5. ooblick

ooblick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm hoping not. It seems like a royal PITA. I'm reading other threads on it now. I didn't know what it was called, so had a lot of difficulty searching based on symptoms. Thanks very much for that, bisco.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try 'actuator' as well.