1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Eco-friendly car a hit with Scots and celebrities

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Areometer, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Copyright © 2006 Newsquest (Herald & Times) Limited. All Rights Reserved
    Sitemap :: Circulation :: Syndication :: Advertising :: About Us :: Terms of Use

A green revolution is taking place among Scotland's car buyers but may not just be driven by concern for the planet.

Sales of the low-emission Prius saloon have quadrupled here in two years, its manufacturers announced yesterday.

Toyota's electric hybrid combines a 1.2-litre petrol engine and an electric motor.
    Celebrities such as Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Tom Hanks and Thandie Newton have publicly announced their love affair for the Prius, which ranks number two in Greenpeace's table of eco-friendly vehicles.
    Among the growing number following the big-name celebrities in replacing high-performance vehicles with the eco-friendly Toyota is Bob Underwood, 31, from Airdrie.

After six months of careful deliberation, Mr Underwood, manager of a window-blinds business, swopped his 2-litre Volvo S60 in January.

He said: "It was the fuel economy which attracted me to the car. I was getting 24mpg in my Volvo S60. I'm already getting 44mpg with the Prius."

>> Read More

2. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Hey. They got the 1.2L Engine? Where can I sign up? :unsure:

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i think that's a typo.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeah take that honda! lol Oh ok Im ok now...

5. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thandie urges celebs to drop SUVs

Wednesday 05 April 2006
    ‘Crash’ star Thandie Newton has written to a host of fellow celebrities in the US and UK to urge them to follow her lead and change their cars from 4x4s to more eco-friendly alternatives.

BAFTA winner Thandie made the switch from a BMW X5 to a hybrid Toyota Prius after Greenpeace campaigners left a sticker on her 4x4 explaining the environmental impact of driving SUVs. As part of the awareness-raising campaign from the environmental group, which has been ongoing for several months, cardboard clamps, fake tax discs and information leaflets are left attached to 4x4s.

"My concerns for the environment had been growing for a long time but I had not connected them with the car I drove. When I saw the sticker it just connected all the dots up," said Thandie Newton.

>> Read More