1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

electric vehicle buyers younger than those buying a hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Apr 24, 2014.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The full title: "Experian Automotive: Consumers purchasing an electric vehicle are younger and more affluent than those buying a hybrid":
    Source:

What attracted me to this report was something I heard on Autoline Daily:
    Source: AD #1362 – C-MAX Sales Get C-, Mustang’s Electronic Line-Lock, Formula One Changes – Autoline Daily
    The reference was to this table:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    0 [th]Average[th]New hybrid vehicle loan[th]New electric vehicle loan
    1 [tr][td]Amount financed[td2]$26 835[td2]$28 835
    2 [tr][td]Monthly payment[td2]$467[td2]$549
    3 [tr][td] . . . [td2] . . . [td2] . . .
    Source:

Somehow I'm off by a factor of two from what I think of as luxury, a Lincoln MKZ hybrid, versus these prices. There are more details about ranking of the top five hybrids and EVs in service but no absolute numbers.

Bob Wilson

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Experian were also the ones who published the hybrid ownership by each state back in 2012 or so...that type of data is hard to come by. I would love to see what states are buying the hybrid and plug-ins, and where VA stands now. Alls you can easily get is CA data by CNCDA.org see the California Auto Outlook (CA is 44% of Plug-ins in 2013).

>>My personal theory is the Plug_ins sales are predominated by states with large $$+HOV incentives, so that may take away some age demographics that exist in a more general market.