1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electronic device to adjust the headlights on a Gen II Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by FirstFlight, Nov 14, 2012.

1. FirstFlight

FirstFlight Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My leveling potentiometer failed (see this post: Headlight leveling sensor failure - detailed post with pictures | PriusChat) and I've had enough of the red warning triangle and "beep" that keep coming on to tell me that the headlights won't aim correctly.

I figured that it would be worthwhile to incorporate a function into my custom CAN device to control the headlights. Yeah, I know, it's overkill but not adding anymore buttons/switches is a good thing.

There are 5 possible levels that the headlights can be adjusted to. The angle of the headlights can be changed on the fly. The device will store the last setting in the EEPROM. The steering wheel buttons can be used to toggle through the pages to see what the current angle is and also to adjust the angle as well.

That's pretty much it. Simple but very effective and user friendly. Below are a couple of pictures and a link to YouTube. The narration sucks as I'm definitely not a journalist. The video of my screen isn't great because I was too close but you can see the headlights clearly.

My next task is to incorporate the engine temperature spoofer into this device. Paying ~$40 for that is quite expensive. I hope to design the spoofer where my screen will tell you what the actual temperature is as well as show you the spoofed temperature too.

screen 1.JPG screen 2.JPG