1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Electronic shift switch & center console lighting...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Gunjee, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Gunjee

Gunjee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm thinking about getting the Stage10 electronic shift switch. I'm also thinking about changing the interior lighting; specifically the footwell lighting. I came across this thread regarding the footwell lighting and a custom center console light:

Center console storage LED lighting | PriusChat

So here's my question - not sure if this can be done. I've seen how the ESS is installed. There seems to be a whole lot of space in the center console once the OEM shifter is out. What about using this space to install lighting for the center console? I'm thinking you drill a hole on the inside of the center console. Put LED strips on the bottom part of the center console (on the outside) and fish the wire through the hole. Then, tap into the ESS for power to light the LED strips. I'm not sure if this is too ambitious, or if I'm on to something...

On another note, anyone have any links on how to change the footwell lighting? I can't seem to find anything - are they bulbs, strips, etc.?

#1 Gunjee, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They clip in to the two plastic panels under the dash. Two 8mm screws on the driver side and the passenger panel just kind of clips in. I removed the Lexus ones for the blue aftermarkets during my 10 min break at work. Bought a few extra blue ones to add to the rear and center console.

Here a pic of what the footwell lights look like. Lexus white and the blue ones on the right.

[​IMG]

3. Gunjee

Gunjee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can you provide me with a link for the blue lights? Where can I purchase them?

Do they clip into the 8mm screws, or do the screws have to be removed in order to clip them in? I should take a peek underneath the panels before asking all of these questions :LOL:. Will do so later today.

When you say that you bought extra ones for the rear and center consoles, where did you mount the extra ones? Did you have to add wiring / tap into other wiring? Any details would be appreciated!

4. Burna J

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. Gunjee

Gunjee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the link! How many extra ones would you recommend - an additional 2 (4 pieces total)? I'm looking to do the foot wells and center consoles mainly - nothing for the back seats. How long did the shipping take from Japan?

If / when you add the extra lights, do post...!

Burna J likes this.
  6. Burna J

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It took just over a week to receive them. They're fast with their shipping.
    As for extras, that's up to you. But a least one, just in case you get a bad one or if one goes out later. (I order 6)
    And don't forget your glove box uses the same light. If you wanted to change that one out also. I left that one white.