1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ELM327 USB Vehicle OBD-2 Scanner Tool

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ThePriusMan.com, Aug 12, 2010.

1. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    frenchie What about setting parameters, just like adding keys and customizations?

2. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    after deep study, 4get about chinese clones of TOYOTA_TIS_CABLE, its very limited on features and what about if it is a clone....!

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I do not have this experience - it works fine with the main ECUs (online monitoring, data grabbing, MIL resets) connected to the main CANbus, I'm not able to communicate with KWP ECUs (locks, windows....) and with ECUs which are behind the bridge.
    I'm able to setup car's warnings like reverse beep, seatbelt beeps, climate control and so on. I didnt find customization for adding the new FOB. We do no have TPMS in EU models.

4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    More importantly - how do we know you are not a clone.............. !!!

Please place some kind of credentials showing you are real...... At a low post count, combined with no "thanks" - I wonder.......

Post something real - like where is Justin Beiber today, and I may give you your first "thanks" :cool: Please make sure you know where he is at posting....

EDIT: You are posting to a 2010+ forum, but your "my car" states you have a 2006 ???? Posting a real Justin location now means nothing.... I am sorry.

EDIT2: I did not notice you did "deep study" - that clearly changes something... Not sure what - but when people do "deep study" they do much research - as I just noticed.

I apologize for anything that may seem mocking in the above statements. Can you kindly post some samples of your deep research?

5. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Different cable I think. That isn't the site I used, but I found out that the MVCI (I think) drivers only work with Windows XP. I borrowed a laptop with XP and it worked fine. I didn't get much time to play around, and then my 2 day subscription expired. I haven't gotten around to doing anything else with it just yet.

6. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Do u sell TIS Cables thats y u got pissed of my post?

1.what exactly do u mean of being clone, see my profile and threads you will find your answer...

2.where is the problem of not having thanks and a low post count?

3.about the deep study, i have made contact with several suppliers of the TIS cable and and no one confirmed that it can do anything other than reading info,and here is a sample of my inquiries, most of the questions to the seller are from me.
    Ebay TIS CABLE
    I searched the whole forum and sent several private msgs to some members asking about the cable, in addition of other forums specialized in cars diagnostics.

4.about the origin of the thread, its about the ELM327, i already bought one and shipped it from china but it was a waste of money for the GenII prius and the 2010, i always share my experience for people who need it, several members waiting an answer about the Tactrix OpenPort2.0 to buy it for 170 $ instead of 495$ for mongoose,

6. next time make your investigations about clones more politely.

7. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    here is a reply from tactrix

Greetings from Tactrix!

Yes, our hardware works with TIS Techstream, assuming you’re using it on ECU’s that are CANBUS –our hardware will not work on earlier models.

Kind regards,

Amanda
    Tactrix.com

8. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Generally, Amanda confirmed what I wrote few posts above.

9. AbuS3ood

AbuS3ood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    exactly... and Also what RobH confirmed in several posts. the KWP 9.6 is the missing protocol for some ECU's

10. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV