1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

End of Trip screen. how to change it again to fuel consumption

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by vallesj, Apr 17, 2013.

1. vallesj

vallesj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    On my 2013 my en of trip screen showed the cost in dollars of the trip based on the consumption of gasoline. however after the first tank fill up, it changed (or I changed) to show only the $ savings. Reading other posts it seems that the $ savings is calculated if I input my previous car MPG, however I never did this.
    Do anybody here knows how to change it again to show how much money cost me each trip?

2. andreyco

andreyco Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't recall the exact wording of the menu, but the settings for that screen are accessed by pressing "DISP" on the steering wheel until you get to the "Settings" screen with the current date. At that points hold the "DISP" on the steering wheel until you enter the settings menu. The menu is navigated only with the "DISP" button (one press moves you down a menu item, one hold follows the selected menu item).

3. nklb

nklb Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Set the value of the comparison car to 0.00 and you will again get the cost rather than savings.

4. vallesj

vallesj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I couldn't find that screen of comparison. I did know how to setup settings on the date screen.

5. vallesj

vallesj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    "Comp. Consumption" under the settings menu is not allowing me to set a value of 0.0. I can only take it down to 0.1 in that case I get a big $ savings on the end of trip display....

6. vallesj

vallesj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It seems that I will have to check with the dealership to understand how to make the change.