Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Engine hesitation after cold start.

Discussion in 'Gen III 2010+ Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubles' started by FishHawk, Jan 2, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

Anyone experiencing a engine hesitation after a cold start? I've have noticed this and after the engine is warm there is no hesitation.
    Any recommended cures for this condition?
    FishHawk
  2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    Move to a warmer climate, or install a block heater. I suppose you could also heat your garage.

Seriously, though, the cold engine hesitation is built into the design of the Prius. The top priority for a Prius is low emissions, and heavy use of a cold ICE goes against that. All Prius will rely heavily on the battery for the initial warm-up stage. If you insist with your foot, the Prius will draw power from a cold ICE, but only reluctantly.

Tom
  3. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

Thanks Tom . Did you see that rock climber on 60 minutes? Amazing.
    FishHawk