1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enginer troubleshooting help

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by subdewd, Feb 4, 2014.

1. subdewd

subdewd Junior Member

Short story, I let the smoke out of a couple of MOSFET s
    I replaced them along with the resisters, diodes and tip 142 147 trans.
    The large diodes were also replaced but I used the ones sugessetd by Olly Collier
    on his Engineer Posts, they are IXYS DSEI 30 12A
    whereas the origonals were IXYS DHG 30 100 HA.
    I can power it up and can hear the caps, charging. I think, but no
    voltage out. The MOFETS start to warm up so I think that side of the inverter
    is working perhaps.
    So can someone say whether the diodes would account for this or, how does the inverter go from the ac to dc?
    About the only things that haven't been replaced are the capacitors and the transformers.
    Any generic or specific advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated

reply from John aka Britprius

Not having seen the circuit diagram for the inverter I am shooting in the dark somewhat. The diodes generally rectify the ac output from the transformer to DC. Check the diodes are connected the correct way round. I have data sheet for the 30 12a but not the 100ha (are they different pin outs). Capacitors on the output can cause problems with feedback regulation, any bulging on the end of these change them. Sorry cannot be of more help.