1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enginer withdrawing customer support and sales

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by mrbigh, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well this wil mean a cheap(isch) plugin system wil become more expensif for sure.
    at the begining and in total with ( paid ) support.
    so not a good thing

2. Jands

Jands New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be hesitant too if the reporter/TV station couldn't spell my company name correctly multiple times...

1 person likes this.
  3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    automatic spelling correction maybe?

4. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That is why anytime somebody calls me, I set their expectations correctly. I also have my own vehicle with the latest enginer kit installed I offer as a test drive.

Of course, I expect the reason most people that have called me haven't had me do the install is because they were in another state. I've had lots of people call me from Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana, etc. Simply because I'm the closest installer.

jack asked me to fly to Houston one time to do an install, he offered to pay for my airfare. In the end, I turned it down because I had no idea what type of working environment I was going to be in, in regards to lighting, and tools available. He said I should bring my own tools, but after I thought about all of the tools I needed for other installs, I determined this was not likely. However, I believe there is an installer in Houston now. But I got a call from a potential customer a few days ago who had contacted that installer and apparently they weren't interested in doing the install. So I said I would do it if he would drive the car up to Dallas/Ft.Worth.

1 person likes this.
  5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    The Company " Automation Tech Inc. US" is engaged in the business of selling ENGINER equipment among other things, Engineer is a profession.
    In the way you are expressing, tends to be confusing for the readers.
    Please, EDIT your post.
    Thank you

1 person likes this.
  6. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This is a problem I run into all of the time, even when talking to people in person. I've heard the name pronouncing 100 different ways. it wasn't until I met Jack a the Green Drive Expo that I was able to ask him the official pronunciation of the name. I have it on video and you can see that in the video below.

Even one of the customers I installed the kit for, still to this day calls it an "engineering kit." I can't seem to get him to say it correctly. I just gave up eventually.

1 person likes this.
  7. lopezjm2001

lopezjm2001 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I am working on this already by researching into possible third party components I could get in Australia. You need to plan ahead of time.

There is also a forum topic for a voltage protection circuit using cell logs and a voice operated switch (VOX) you could build on this forum.

There are other alternatives other than using Enginer electronics. Alternatively you can also deal directly with Enginer component supplier companies like RFE batteries and purchase directly. You could even claim Warranty directly with the Enginer component supplier.

I would not deal with an installer as there is only one in Australia and he would have a monopoly and charge like a wounded bull.

Eventually I will probably even remove the Enginer sticker on my Enginer kit and replace it with a Hymotion sticker label. Which I would have bought a Hymotion kit instead of an Enginer Kit if it was available in Australia and as a self-install.

In any event you will probably not get the good after sales service you have come to expect from dealing with Jack Chen directly. I personally also think that it is all getting too much for Jack to handle and wants to rid of dealing directly with users. Dealing with users who have done their own install and are generally technical people who think they can do a better job or knows more than the installers (sometimes are) are always going to be a problem for Jack to deal with and is proving to be the case.

8. Jands

Jands New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm...what happens to all those international customers who don't have local "authorised" installers?

9. Simtronic

Simtronic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    I have just taken delivery of my 4KWH enginer kit and when I asked about it Jack assured me support would be ongoing for those who bought direct as I have. The only difference is they won't sell to individuals anymore just installers. I am glad I bit the bullet when I did as I can install my own and that opportunity seems to be going.